We are looking for a Business Development intern to work directly with our founding team to develop and build key relationships with potential customers, users, and partners to increase usage of our app and sales of our web-platform.
Role and Responsibilities
Help us progress the commercial side of Verdantips to generate sales leads and build key customer, partner, and investor relationships. Day to day tasks will include (*these are suggestions and can be modified based on your specific interests and skills):
- Contacting restaurants and other food companies to bring them onto Verdantips
- Identifying key partners and developing a strategy to approach them
- Performing market analyses to inform overall company strategy based on latest trends and legislation
- Prioritizing key events, and potentially attending them, that will be beneficial for us to get customers and/or users
- Ensuring consistent messaging with the marketing team, and helping with marketing strategy and tasks as needed
- Researching grants/funds that the company is eligible to receive as well as key investment opportunities
- Undergrad or graduate student with marketing or business background
- Strong interest in sustainability and alignment with our company values
- Strong communication and time management skills
- Charismatic, emotionally intelligent, and able to sell self, ideas, and products
- Creative, trend-savvy, and ability to generate ideas
- Fluent in English and Spanish (the company communicates in English but communication with customers is typically in Spanish)
- Knowledge of sustainable living
- Knowledge of the restaurant industry
- Prior experience with lead generation, business development, and sales
- Fluent in Catalan
Why should you apply?
We believe this could be a great opportunity for you to get started early on with a startup in the sustainability sector that has the potential to become very big.
- We hope to have a long-term relationship with you - depending on how the internship goes, you may have the opportunity to join our team full-time upon graduation and be a leader in our marketing/sales team.
- We are currently working remotely and offer great flexibility, though we want to build a physical office and team in Barcelona one day - despite the remote environment, we strive to have a fun working environment in which we have a meaningful relationship with our teammates.
We take pride in living by our values of empowering people, being compassionate, courageous to dream big, resilient to get going and being truthful. If you find yourself as someone who lives by these values and is ready to make a real difference, we encourage you to reach out to us!
The internship will be unpaid; however, at the end of the internship there is a high possibility of being hired with a market appropriate salary.
Duration & Schedule
3-6 months (flexible based on student’s needs)
Part or full-time contract (morning or afternoon shift according to the candidate preferences)
Remote (preferably in Barcelona to meet with founding team, clients, and partners in person)
If interested, please send your cover letter and CV to Mackenzie Banker, Chief Executive Officer: firstname.lastname@example.org