Imperfect Foods was founded in 2015 with a mission to reduce food waste and build a better food system for everyone. We offer imperfect (yet delicious) produce, affordable pantry items, and quality meat and dairy. We deliver them conveniently to our customers’ doorsteps and pride ourselves on offering up to a 30% discount compared to grocery store prices. Our customers can get the healthy, seasonal produce they want alongside the grocery staples they rely on, without having to compromise their budget or values. We’re proving that doing the right thing for the planet doesn’t have to cost more, and that shopping for quality ingredients can support the people and resources that it takes to grow our favorite foods.
We're headquartered in San Francisco with operations all over the country. Check our website
to see if there is an Imperfect near you!Please consider completing the optional Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion (DEI) survey below. Doing so will help keep us accountable to the DEI commitments we have made as a company. By choosing to disclose elements of your identity, you are informing us about our candidate pool and the ways we can continue to improve making Imperfect Foods an inclusive company for everyone. Responses will in no way affect your candidacy for the position you apply for. Information collected will be kept secure and confidential and will be used solely to evaluate our DEI efforts. We thank you in advance for helping us to become a better company for people of all backgrounds.
About the Role:At Imperfect, we deliver Groceries on a Mission! As a delivery driver, you will deliver Imperfect Foods boxes directly to our customers' homes in the Baton Rouge area. Our drivers typically deliver up to 150 boxes in a shift, while ensuring that deliveries arrive in pristine shape, according to customer instructions, during the scheduled time window. You will be the face of our company, and the main liaison between Imperfect Foods and our customers. To support our mission of reducing waste to landfills, Imperfect Foods drivers will collect select Imperfect Foods packaging items from customers with each delivery. In 2021, our Delivery Team saved over 2 million pounds of plastic from landfills!
Why work at Imperfect:
- Competitive pay: $18.00 per hour
- Quarterly bonus
- Cell phone stipend
- Paid Sick time
- $100 a month in free groceries!
- Opportunity for career advancement
- Get some extra dough for referring your friends/past colleagues ($250 & up!)
What you’ll be doing:
- Helping with loadout, transferring boxes into the delivery vans
- Delivering up to 150 orders per shift, paying close attention to delivery instructions
- Keeping in constant communication with your dispatcher
- Following all traffic laws, being an alert, courteous and defensive driver
- Maintaining cleanliness of the company van, and reporting any damages or accidents immediately
Please note, duties, responsibilities, and activities may change or be supplemented at any time at your Manager’s discretion.
What you’ll need:
- Must be at least 21 years old, and have had a valid driver's license for at least 2 years
- Ability to read and understand delivery instructions. Confident using Google Maps to ensure a timely delivery experience for each customer
- Working Smartphone with data plan for pictures (a stipend will be provided)
- Highly organized and strong attention to detail. Communicative - no question is too small to ask!
- You excel at independent, unsupervised work and are able to problem-solve and think on your feet
- Ability to lift/push/pull up to 60+ pounds
- Comfortability driving a full shift, working in all types of weather conditions
- You’re passionate about our mission to eliminate food waste and create a better food system for all
Imperfect's commitment to DEIImperfect Foods is steadfast in its commitment to being an actively anti-racist company.We understand that it is necessary to take ownership and accountability for building an equitable workplace where all members of our organization can truly belong. It is our responsibility to ensure that every department at every level of our business reflects the diversity of the world we live in. We aim to achieve this through our hiring practices and by championing Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion (DEI) programming that fosters a supportive work environment where everyone can thrive and have connections across teams. DEI programming is available for all employees and we highly encourage staff participation. It is only with everyone’s unique perspectives, experiences, and beliefs that we can help shape a culture of belonging and create an environment where all Imperfectionists are celebrated.U.S. E-Verify Notice:
- Please take a moment to apply if this seems like a good fit for you. If you decide it is not, there are other job opportunities on our website linked HERE that just might be
- If your application is a fit, someone from our team will contact you via email to set up an onsite interview
- Please note, offers are contingent upon background checks. Background checks will be ran once an offer is accepted.
Imperfect Foods participates in E-Verify in the United States. Imperfect will provide the U.S. Social Security Administration (SSA) and, if necessary, the U.S. Department of Homeland Security (DHS), with information from each new employee's Form I-9 to confirm work authorization.COVID update for on-site employees: All Imperfect Foods employees must be fully vaccinated to be on-site or at company functions. For roles that require an employee to be on-site to fulfill their job functions: job offers are contingent on providing proof of vaccination (e.g., a copy of a vaccine card or other similar official document confirming vaccination status).