Welcome to the future of energyWe’re a leading energy technology company providing a better experience for our customers through transparency, honesty and simplicity. Better for the planet, through real long-term investment in renewable generation and a low CO2 future and better for our customer’s wallets with fair and affordable plans. Through our proprietary platform and custom-built stack, cloud-based billing, and sophisticated use of data science, we’re revolutionizing what’s possible in energy. We’re transforming the way people interact with their energy company, by making it approachable, easy-to-understand, and most importantly, 100% renewable. We’ve distinguished ourselves by being named 2020’s Energy Provider of the Year, which highlights our commitment to exceptional customer service. We’ve just hopped across the pond in the US and are making big strides in Texas...but that’s only the beginning. Come join our rapidly growing team as we continue to break barriers in energy. We have some big goals over here at Octopus and are expanding the channels we believe will help us reach them. Therefore we are searching for an experienced Regional Sales Lead /, reporting directly to our Director of Marketing to help lead our new sales function and focus on driving the performance of our Field, Telesales, Partnerships & Broker operations. The role will manage some of Octopus Energy’s key 3 rd party relationships as well as identifying and building a pipeline of potential new partnership opportunities too. You will carry out forecasting, provide high-level commentary, analysis of monthly management reports and ensure that our ongoing growth strategy is financially viable.
What you'll do
- Manage a small number of essential Field (and in future Tele) Sales partners, balancing productive relationships with quality growth
- Focus on quality & compliance ensuring we continue to maintain the highest of standards throughout our network of brand ambassadors
- Account planning – drive management of the end to end processes with our partners/accounts to ensure the customer journey from sales to onboarding is seamless
- Monitor & analyse performance metrics/ pipeline reports of accounts to optimise resources & increase sales effectiveness
- Lead regular business reviews with the relevant stakeholders of each partner and be comfortable dealing with Directors and business owners
- Business Development – identify potential new business partnerships who reflect Octopus Energy’s values
- Work with Commercial functions to set sales targets & verify sales commissions
- Drive operational excellence in the Sales organisation by proactively identifying issues and solutions to make business flow better
What you'll need
- The ability to develop client relationships in a fast growth environment
- Great operation skills to create the process and structures that will enable you to deploy and manage multiple teams
- Deep empathy. The ability to conceive and construct customer outcomes will be critical
- Proper smarts. Problem solvers and ability to think with ingenuity
- Solid account management experience at a senior level
- A self starter attitude who actively drives their own projects and performance
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- The ability to develop, implement and deliver change
- The ability to provide leadership, motivation and development to a diverse sales teamA keen eye for detail
- A strong understanding of Field Sales or Telesales (ideally both)
Why else you'll love it here
- Great medical, dental, and vision insurance options including FSAs
- Unlimited paid time off — we know working hard means also being able to recharge as needed, we trust our employees to get the work done and take the time they need..
- 401(k) plan with employer match:
- Parental leave. Biological, adoptive and foster parents are all eligible.
- Pre-tax commuter benefits .
- Flexible working environment: you need to shift around your schedule? You do you, we genuinely believe in work/life balance.
- Equity Options: every Octopus employee owns part of the business. We’re a team, working together towards huge goals. Every person is crucial to our success, you should be rewarded as such.
- Modern office or co-working spaces depending on location.
At Octopus, we're looking for genuinely decent people who are honest and empathetic. Our commitment is to provide equal opportunities, a diverse and inclusive work environment, and fairness for everyone. You are welcome to apply no matter your race, gender identity, sexuality, age, family or civil status, disability, religion, or ethnicity.