At Too Good To Go, we have an ambitious goal: to inspire and empower everyone to fight food waste together.
40% of all food produced in the world is wasted. And that has a huge impact on the health of our planet, with 10% of greenhouse gas emissions coming from food waste.
We’re more than an app: we are a certified B Corporation with a mission to empower everyone to take action against food waste, so alongside our marketplace app, we create educational tools, explore new business solutions - such as our Retail Technologies offering, and influence legislation to help reduce food waste.
We’re growing fast: Our community of 81 million registered users and 204,000 active partners across 17 countries, have together already prevented 270+ million meals from going to waste - avoiding over 675,000 tonnes of CO2e!
Too Good To Go is looking for a new Senior Data Engineer to further enhance our existing data infrastructure. You will be a part of our platform team and will be based from our HQ in Copenhagen.
You get to bring your own opinions and experience when it comes to the technology stack. We’ve kept the legacy systems to a minimum, so there is room to adapt and optimize.
Our data stack consists of Airflow, Airbyte, Python, AWS Redshift, AWS Lambda, DBT, and we use Terraform to manage our infrastructure using GitOps principle.
- Design, build, and maintain data pipelines from end-to-end, ensuring data accuracy, availability, and quality for the Tech, Product and Analytics teams
- Collaborate closely with software engineers and analytics engineers to understand data requirements, develop data models, and optimize data pipelines for advanced analytics and machine learning use cases
- Develop and maintain scalable, efficient, and reliable ETL processes, using best practices for data ingestion, storage, and processing
- Work with stakeholders to identify and prioritize analytics requirements
- Proactively monitor data pipelines, troubleshoot, and resolve data-related issues
- Contribute to the continuous improvement of data engineering practices, including documentation, code reviews, and knowledge sharing
- Proven experience in a similar role at Senior level
- Technically curious, pragmatic and a self-starter
- A background in building scalable and data-intensive applications, ideally on cloud infrastructure.
- Proficient in at least one programming language, preferably Python
- Fluent in SQL and you understand the internals of modern data warehouses (ideally Redshift)
- Experience with CI/CD tools, Docker (ideally on Kubernetes)
- Experience with infrastructure-as-code preferably Terraform
- You have worked with Airflow
- Experience applying DevOps principles to data systems (DataOps)
- Exposure to ML platforms.
- Event stream processing.
- Strong knowledge of AWS services, particularly those related to data storage, processing, and analytics (e.g.,S3, Kinesis, Lambda, Redshift, OpenSearch, RDS)
- We Win Together
- We Raise the Bar
- We Keep It Simple
- We Build A Legacy
- We Care
What We Have To Offer
- An opportunity to work in a global social-impact company and certified B Corporation! where you can see a real and tangible impact in your role.
- To be an integral member of our defined product teams. We are eager for you to make an impact and contribute to the product scope and development; Your insights are valuable, and we are here to listen.
- Work-life balance is important to us! Focus on the job to be done, not the hours spent, there is no need for overtime. On-call duty is not part of the job, but can be additionally agreed upon should you and your manager both wish it. We believe happy environments, create happy employees.
- We trust in our employees and encourage an autonomous environment that provides several opportunities for employees to contribute, develop and take ownership of their work in a way that works for them.
- To be part of an international company, with over 1,200+ colleagues across 17 countries that are on the same important mission.
- An informal environment, working alongside a tech team of over 100 passionate people, we celebrate our differences and our successes and have a strong values-driven team culture.
Job Ref: #LI-TC1
A Movement for Everyone
We want to inspire and empower everyone to fight food waste together. With that mission, it’s only natural that we want to build a diverse and inclusive team of highly capable individuals who are passionate about doing things in a better way. We strongly believe we all excel and are more creative when we’re allowed to be ourselves, and we’re committed to a culture where all of us belong.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all employment is decided on the basis of qualifications, merit and business need. If you need reasonable accommodation at any point in the application or interview process, please let us know.