Do well by doing good.
Do you wake up in the morning excited to go to work? Do you want to engage in a mission that fundamentally betters our world? Do you want to work alongside an amazing team of smart, driven, upbeat colleagues with unique backgrounds and interests? EnergySage might be the place for you.
Headquartered in Boston, MA, EnergySage is the leading online marketplace for solar and other clean energy technologies and the most-visited energy website in the country. We strive to make the experience of going solar as easy as booking a flight online, and to make renewable energy options more accessible. Our employees love working here -- we would love to meet you, too.
Learn more about our team and our company: www.energysage.com/about-us/team
The HR Manager role
This newly created position, reporting to the Head of Talent & Organizational Development (T&OD), will be a key contributor to building out the HR function and the organization. We are seeking an experienced HR manager who is willing to roll up their sleeves to ensure we have the HR, recruiting, and ongoing talent management processes to properly scale the company for rapid growth (H1 2021: =20% FTE) to exponential growth (possibly doubling FTE in next 12-18 mos). This hands-on position will manage, shape, and administer the HR function.
A heavy emphasis will be placed on compliance, recruiting, employee relations, and diversity, equity and inclusion (DEI). Given that T&OD is the key people-function of the organization, we believe our team is at the center of identifying, executing, and modeling DEI priorities. Though we have important DEI initiatives already in motion throughout EnergySage, including hiring, we know we have a lot of work to do.
What you’ll do:
- Be responsible for the management of the full spectrum of human resources, including establishing and maintaining HR processes and procedures
- Work with legal counsel, and Finance to ensure compliance with HR administration, data capture, and reporting across the employee lifecycle
- Develop and rollout new and revised employment policies, as appropriate
- Administer employee lifecycle processes in HR systems (e.g., recruiting, onboarding, employee records, benefits, time off, PFML/FMLA, performance management); address employee questions
- Actively manage employee relations and grievances
- Manage recruiting and interview process- This is not a recruiter position, but currently we are quite literally all-hands-on-deck for recruiting; this position will play an integral role in shaping, administering, and executing our recruiting, interviewing, and candidate evaluation practices (including diversity and intern hiring initiatives)
- Onboard new team members; improve and establish onboarding processes and tools
- Partner on intersecting talent management and organizational development initiatives
- Inform fair and competitive compensation and benefits packages
- Perform HR and talent reporting; offer recommendations for improvements
- Manage third party benefits broker relationship and ongoing benefits administration, as well as benefits review and annual open enrollment
- Actively contribute to maintaining and enhancing a positive work culture through HR, engagement, and DEI initiatives
- Ensure essential annual and new hire trainings are completed
- Bring your experience to shape and build our HR and talent management best practices
You'll thrive in this position if you:
- Are equally passionate about people and process
- Can seamlessly move between multiple facets of HR (e.g., administration, policy and compliance, recruiting and onboarding, performance management, employee relations) and treating all as important
- See an opportunity for improvement and run with it
- Have a strong grasp on HR practices and compliance
- Want to be an active contributor to scaling the organization rapidly
- Have experience and interest in maturing DEI initiatives
What we look for:
- Minimum 2 years in HR management roll, or equivalent, with at least 3 additional years in an HR generalist or related role, including experience in recruiting and DEI
- Demonstrated core HR knowledge and application; PHR, SPHR or SHRM-CP/SP preferred
- Ability to work and build relationships with individuals across functions and levels
- Organization and prioritization skills (routine tasks, special projects, unexpected situations)
- Balancing collaboration and independent action, with appropriate support
- Strong oral, written, and interpersonal communication skills
- Understanding of, and commitment to, the business, its growth, and HR’s role in this success
- Demonstrated experience maintaining confidential and sensitive information
- Proficient in Microsoft Office tools and/or GSuite, as well as HR and recruiting systems
We are EnergySage.
As the leading online comparison-shopping marketplace for rooftop solar, energy storage, community solar, and financing, EnergySage is accelerating the adoption of clean energy by improving consumer access and affordability. Our user-friendly platform is built on the principle of consumer empowerment through unbiased information, transparency, and choice. As we grow and enter new markets, we seek team members who bring new perspectives, skills, and energy that will propel us to accomplish the challenging work we have ahead.
Confidence can sometimes hold us back from applying for a job- but we believe there's no such thing as a 'perfect' candidate. So, however you identify and whatever background you bring, please apply if this is a role that would make you excited to come into work every day and help bring renewable energy to the broader market.
EnergySage is committed to building a workplace that welcomes and encourages diverse perspectives. We believe that the most successful teams actively and authentically engage individuals with varied experiences and skillsets.
EnergySage is an equal opportunity employer and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any kind. Applicants from a broad range of backgrounds are encouraged to apply.
- Consumer First: Our top priority is to serve and empower consumers through transparency, equitable access to information, and personalized interactions.
- Better Together: We recognize that we gain and give more through collaboration, partnership, and diversity of experience and perspective. We respect one another and are inspired by what we learn and achieve together.
- Integrity: We take personal ownership and pride in doing the right thing. Our consistency, competence, and high standards earn the reputation of “trusted advisors” with all of our stakeholders.
- Substantive Impact: We are committed to effecting and sustaining positive environmental, social, and market transformations through creativity, innovation, and persistence.
- Iterative Excellence: Our intellectual curiosity and bias toward action drive us to continuously learn, evaluate, iterate, and improve.