Do well by doing good.
Do you wake up in the morning excited to go to work? Do you want to engage in a mission that fundamentally betters our world? Do you want to work alongside an amazing team of smart, driven, upbeat colleagues with unique backgrounds and interests? Keep reading because EnergySage might be the place for you.
EnergySage is the leading online marketplace for solar and other clean energy technologies. We strive to make the experience of going solar as easy as booking a flight online. We are looking for passionate, collaborative, authentic individuals to join our team in making renewable energy options more accessible to consumers. We are the most-visited energy website in the U.S.-- last year 10 million people used our tools. What can you help us achieve?
We are seeking an experienced Product Director to enable solar consumers and installers in our two-sided, eCommerce marketplace to have the best experience possible. In this position you will lead a specific customer segment and implement a comprehensive product lifecycle, including:
- Product Strategy & Roadmap development for a multi-disciplinary team
- Qualitative & quantitative user research
- Stakeholder management
- Execution within an agile development framework
- Go-to-market strategy
- Success evaluation and goal setting
Who you are:
- You are the advocate of the customer, and have a passion for user research and meeting the needs of your customer.
- You will also have a demonstrated track record of actively partnering with engineering, design, sales, and business leaders across the organization to ensure that our technology solutions meet user needs, enhance their experiences in innovative ways, and ultimately execute successfully to drive measurable business outcomes.
- You have an entrepreneurial mindset that can understand the challenges that lie ahead, and adapt as the landscape changes.
- You are data obsessed, and are comfortable with identifying measurable performance indicators, and tracking success against these metrics.
- You can effectively communicate and collaborate with your stakeholders
- You are excited to make a difference! We believe that we are making an impact on climate change and on the clean-energy market, and want you to help us make an even bigger impact!
What you’ll do:
- Establish vision, direction and strategies for products as they relate to the user experience and business priorities
- Understand the company’s strategic direction, goals and priorities; align product management goals and activities accordingly
- Communicate product priorities, strategies, and impacts to business leadership
- Lead a cross-functional team, including engineers, designers, sales and marketing; ensure team is planning, making decisions, and working together effectively toward common purpose and clear goals
- Develop and drive a product roadmap with execution teams, including product launch and optimization plans
- Proactively gather input at the right times from appropriate individuals without stalling the process; gain alignment and commitment to plans
- Spark product innovation through conception of new features and enhancements
- Create and execute successful product/feature rollouts, with proactive and effective internal and external stakeholder communication plans
- Identify and mitigate issues, risks, and barriers to successful product launches and growth
What you’ll need:
- B2C / eCommerce / Comparative Shopping / Marketplace experience
- 7+ years in product management or related roles
- Strong business acumen
- Creativity to develop compelling product experiences
- Proven success leading multiple teams and product/feature launches in high-growth environments
- Ability to communicate, collaborate, and leverage resources effectively up, down, and across the organization
- Experience with Scrum/Agile product development and product management methodologies (user story creation, task breakdown)
- Technical savvy and understanding of how to support the engineering process
- Proven experience in deep understanding of customer needs
We are EnergySage.
As the leading online comparison-shopping marketplace for rooftop solar, energy storage, community solar, and financing, EnergySage is accelerating the adoption of clean energy by improving consumer access and affordability. Our user-friendly platform is built on the principle of consumer empowerment through unbiased information, transparency, and choice. As we grow and enter new markets, we seek team members who bring new perspectives, skills, and energy that will propel us to accomplish the challenging work we have ahead.
Confidence can sometimes hold us back from applying for a job- but we believe there's no such thing as a 'perfect' candidate. So, however you identify and whatever background you bring, please apply if this is a role that would make you excited to come into work every day and help bring renewable energy to the broader market.
EnergySage is committed to building a workplace that welcomes and encourages diverse perspectives. We believe that the most successful teams actively and authentically engage individuals with varied experiences and skillsets.
EnergySage is an equal opportunity employer and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any kind. Applicants from a broad range of backgrounds are encouraged to apply.
- Consumer First: Our top priority is to serve and empower consumers through transparency, equitable access to information, and personalized interactions.
- Better Together: We recognize that we gain and give more through collaboration, partnership, and diversity of experience and perspective. We respect one another and are inspired by what we learn and achieve together.
- Integrity: We take personal ownership and pride in doing the right thing. Our consistency, competence, and high standards earn the reputation of “trusted advisors” with all of our stakeholders.
- Substantive Impact: We are committed to effecting and sustaining positive environmental, social, and market transformations through creativity, innovation, and persistence.
- Iterative Excellence: Our intellectual curiosity and bias toward action drive us to continuously learn, evaluate, iterate, and improve.