We are an ambitious team. That means you can have a lot of responsibility in the beginning. But it also means that there are many interesting challenges you can specialize in. One of the exciting topics on which we work is:
Your responsibilities in detail:
- Distributed IoT Platform: We aim to create a system with no single point of failure. Therefore we are building a state-of-the-art platform
- Highly-Available Cloud-Connected IoT Device: We brought the learnings from our cloud platform to the embedded world. Aiming to create a device that can be updated at any time. Assuring that it runs the latest newest software we built our own operating system running containers for the gridBox - gridOS X.
- Data Centric Applications: Each gridBox produces plenty of data which needs to be stored, analyzed and visualized for our customers. We want to give our customers the best experience possible by providing insights and visualizations of their energy consumption and production.
- Show the world how to change to a renewable and decentralized energy system
- You are responsible for the backend services that power the gridX platform
- You will support our Backend team by building new, innovative features that enrich the gridX platform
- You build products that people love
- You have 5 years of full time experience with Web Technologies (JSON, REST, HTTP, RPC)
- You have experience with relational databases (we use Postgres)
- You are on a senior level in at least one modern backend language (e.g. Go, Python, Java; we primarily use Go)
- You are comfortable using version control systems (git, GitHub)
- Bonus points: You have experience using Linux systems
- Bonus points: You have a record of open source contributions
- Bonus points: You have experience with container technology
- Flexible & mobile working: Work remotely for up to 70 days from anywhere in the EU
- Vacation: 30 days for your relaxation + 0.5 days Special Leave at the end of the year for the 24th and 31st of December each
- Health & Sports: 30 Euro allowance for Urban Sports Club or E-Gym Wellpass as well as offers for company health management & (Mental) Health Care
- Personal development: cross-functional coaching, access to e-learning platforms & an annual development budget of 1,500 euros per employee
- Employee discounts: Access to gridX Corporate Benefits
- Stay fit and safe the planet with our JobRad offer
- Receive a fair monthly contribution to your company pension plan
- City travel subsidy: 30 Euros monthly allowance for your monthly/annual ticket
- Modern workplace in the hearts of Aachen and Munich with IT equipment of your choice
- Relocation Support: We support your relocation to Germany
- Annual Teamweek: Enjoy an unforgettable teamweek, face extraordinary challenges together with all gridX teams and create unforgettable memories!
- Experience the gridX culture at regular team events and receive 50 Euros on top per employee for your department event
- We will donate 20 Euros to a charity of your choice on your birthday
- Sabbatical option: take a break from the daily work routine and realize personal projects, travel or further education
*Our benefits differ for 100% remote employment!
If you want to take up the challenge, please send us your complete and detailed application and accompany us on our mission to disrupt the energy sector!