StreetLight Data, the pioneer in Big Data for mobility, is revolutionizing transportation and urban planning to help the world better deploy infrastructure and adapt to new forms of mobility. From legacy systems to ride sharing and bike sharing to autonomous vehicles, our platform powers 6,000+ mobility projects every month for government and private clients, and we're just getting started.StreetLight Data is seeking a Product Support Engineer to help our clients solve transportation problems using StreetLight InSight®, our SaaS on-demand platform. This team member will work closely with planners, modelers, and engineers, helping them put Big Data to work for transportation. The Product Support Engineer will provide comprehensive support to our customers to enable them to use StreetLight InSight® to its maximum potential, understand our methodologies, and trust our Metrics to address their mobility questions, all to ensure their highest possible satisfaction. This position reports to the Director, Support.
This position can be based in our Vancouver, BC office or remote within the Pacific or Mountain timezones within the US or Canada. We are currently asking all employees to work remotely during COVID for employee safety but plan to eventually return to working from offices post-COVID in some capacity. Therefore, we can be somewhat flexible on current geographic location.
- Deliver a superior support experience to our customers with every interaction
- Provide first-level and escalated technical support for users of the StreetLight InSight® platform
- Support customers in a respectful, engaging, and empathetic manner through email, conference calls, and office hours sessions
- Become an expert in StreetLight Metrics and their uses to all of StreetLight’s customers Conduct investigations into analyses, Metrics results, and the underlying data to determine root causes of issues raised by customers or internal staff
- Manage a high volume of inbound requests in a timely and organized manner. Improve processes to handle support requests
- Work collaboratively with Training and Documentation teams to ensure the best possible proactive support for our customers including creating help center content and FAQs and assisting with training sessions
- Work collaboratively with Sales, Engineering, and Product Management, to make StreetLight InSight® as easy-to-use as possible.
Skills & Qualifications:
- Bachelor’s degree required, preferably in a technical discipline such as Transportation, Engineering, or Urban Planning; MS degree in a similar field is a plus
- One or more years of experience in a customer-facing role required; Technical support of customers using a software application is a plus
- Strong statistical knowledge and analytic skills required including one or more years of experience with Excel and comfort working with data and identifying patterns
- Quick learner with problem-solving abilities and a strong sense of empathy and understanding of user needs
- Excellent written as well as verbal communication skills - this job requires writing technical guides to inform product users and regular communication with customers via email and phone
- Be extremely organized and able to follow and design processes
- Experience working in transportation engineering/consulting, transportation agencies, or urban planning is strongly preferred
- Experience with geospatial tools (such as QGIS or ArcGIS) and statistics are a plus
- Experience in customer services and deliverables is a plus
- Experience working with APIs and programming is a plus
- French fluency is a plus
- Occasional travel to StreetLight Data and customer offices required
StreetLight Data is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. StreetLight Data provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.