Convoy is transforming the $800 billion trucking industry. Our mission is to transport the world with endless capacity and zero waste. The industry is huge and so is the opportunity to change the way freight moves.
The next time you’re out driving and see an 18-wheeler on the road, that truck is empty 35% of the time. When big trucks drive empty, they throw unnecessary CO2 into the atmosphere. In fact, empty trucks generate more than 76 million metric tons of wasted carbon emissions every year. At Convoy, our digital freight network helps reduce those empty miles and cut carbon waste by nearly half.
This is your opportunity to collaborate with an incredible group of people and help transform the freight industry. Join Convoy and help move the world forward.About the team:
The Marketplace Growth organization is a centralized team that optimizes across supply, demand, and operations to achieve company financial and growth goals through Market Development, Portfolio Management, Pricing, and novel Growth Programs. This role will be part of the Portfolio Management team within Marketplace Growth. The Portfolio Management team continually assesses the forward-looking risk and opportunity of Convoy’s portfolio of freight across a range of market scenarios, and turns those assessments into actionable recommendations and policy. The team drives Convoy towards vertical shipment, margin, portfolio risk, and network goals in partnership with cross functional teams.About you:
As a Senior Portfolio Manager for the Marketplace Growth team, you will be responsible for maximizing Convoy’s business outcomes as it relates to contribution margin dollars within a vertical portfolio of freight. You will also be responsible for maximizing the portfolio’s value and balancing the risks of programs and initiatives that support the company strategy and vertical growth. You will partner closely with the Sales and Account Management teams and will be a leader in guiding investments in various programs and projects against the company’s strategic plans and goals.
- Set Strategy: Guide Convoy’s growth through short term and long term portfolio decisions in line with Convoy’s mission.
- Innovate: Develop a best-in-class system for driving bottom line results, empowering account managers to maximize locally while optimizing guardrails to ensure successful global results.
- Collaborate: Partner with the Shipper, Product, Finance, Supply, and Operations teams, influencing with and without authority, to operate as one cohesive team.
- Problem Solve: Explore and identify optimization opportunities within the inner-workings of our systems and drive scalable solutions.
- Execute: Use data to influence across teams, as well as identify and respond to risks and high-priority issues rapidly and effectively within a highly dynamic work environment.
- Deliver: Drive Convoy’s portfolio towards its bottom line goals through executing efficient trade-offs within operating constraints.
We're looking for someone who has:
- 7+ years building and collaborating and influencing cross-functional teams to achieve overarching organizational goals
- Ability to build and develop something scalable where nothing existed before
- Strong leadership skills - you can set the tone for a team, driving towards results while also being compassionate
- Experience with driving a project from inception to completion through all stages of the life cycle.
- Strong data fluency and sound business judgment through analytical thinking
- Comfortable with data analytical skills (SQL, Excel and/or similar)
Employees' wellbeing is top of mind for the Convoy team. Outside of offering excellent medical, dental, and vision benefits, we also offer the following:
* On demand mental and emotional health benefits through Lyra * On demand primary care through 98.6* Generous paid time off* Paid parental leave program * Fertility benefit solutions via Progyny * Child-care and adult/elder-care options through Bright Horizons* Opportunity to join and contribute to one of our Employee Resource Groups
* Ability to make a real world impact!
Convoy is an equal-opportunity employer and we welcome applicants from all backgrounds. If you’re a passionate team player who wants to have an outsized impact on a diverse and dynamic team, we’d love to hear from you!