Convoy is transforming the $800 billion trucking industry. Our mission is to transport the world with endless capacity and zero waste. The industry is huge and so is the opportunity to change the way freight moves.
The next time you’re out driving and see an 18-wheeler on the road, that truck is empty 35% of the time. When big trucks drive empty, they throw unnecessary CO2 into the atmosphere. In fact, empty trucks generate more than 76 million metric tons of wasted carbon emissions every year. At Convoy, our digital freight network helps reduce those empty miles and cut carbon waste by nearly half.
This is your opportunity to collaborate with an incredible group of people and help transform the freight industry. Join Convoy and help move the world forward.About The Team:The Pricing Programs team, within the Contract Pricing organization, is a key component of the Marketplace Growth department at Convoy. We navigate the gentle balance between margin opportunities and volume growth potential, within longer term shipper agreements. Effective pricing requires a mix of science and art, as we utilize and influence mathematical models developed by a world leading data science department while simultaneously seeking creative and innovative solutions that generate value for our customers. All of this needs to be completed in a robust, repeatable fashion as there are an exponentially growing number of opportunities for which Convoy competes.About You:You are ready to take the next step in your career and hit the ground running at one of the hottest startups in the country. You are passionate about continuous improvement and always strive to determine better approaches to solving a problem in order to make an immediate (and material) impact on the success of the business.Working on the Pricing Programs team, you will be responsible for optimizing processes by constantly designing, experimenting, and iterating in order to develop best practices. You are a leader in your field, with expertise in a variety of continuous improvement methods, a strong analytical toolset, and experience working cross-functionally to solve problems with product and process changes. You will demonstrate the ability to excel in a dynamic work environment as an important component of a growing organization. You will lead projects and initiatives while mentoring and training your fellow team members. You'll bring the enthusiasm and aptitude necessary to get the job done!
- Lead cross-functional teams across the Shipper Sales, Account Management, Marketplace Growth, and Product/Engineering departments to define and refine the best practices related to processes that impact both Contract Pricing and these partner organizations
- Codify the tribal knowledge that is present within the Deal Desk team to develop and continuously improve upon best practices that will be the basis of standard pricing procedures, creating the roadmap that will become the blueprint for future default strategies within the pricing tools and product improvements within the pricing model
- Develop scalable solutions and key performance indicators to monitor pricing performance, identify opportunities, and inform priorities
- Provide functional leadership in a variety of process improvement and development techniques along with program management, statistical mindset, and complex problem solving
- Collaborate with team members to conceptualize, define, and implement the future state of pricing strategy at Convoy
- Mentor more junior members of the team and develop training materials based on best practices and standard pricing procedures
- Accomplish all of this with energy, passion and a positive attitude
We’re Looking for Someone Who Has:
- Relevant Experience: Bachelor's degree in Business, Economics, Finance, Supply Chain, Operations, Industrial Engineering, or related quantitative field along with 7+ years of professional/business experience in progressive program management roles focused on process improvement.
- Process Improvement Mindset: Comfortable with business process mapping approaches and the ability to optimize for operational efficiencies.
- Product Development Know-How: Participation in previous product development cycles, regardless of industry, and competency with product management frameworks will be beneficial in translating manual processes into robust solutions.
- Fluency with Data: Strong analytical skills – moderate/advanced Excel/Sheets, good at creating and analyzing business information, creating dashboards, and tracking key business metrics. Experience writing/understanding SQL queries coupled with utilizing Tableau and other data manipulation/visualization software packages.
- Apt Communication Skills: Ability/willingness to communicate to internal and external stakeholders, as well as senior executives, with keen attention to detail and clear delivery of complicated topics.
- Superior Organizational and Time Management Skills: Ability to prioritize workload and manage multiple projects and tasks simultaneously.
- Humility: Takes work seriously, but not themselves. Confident, yet humble. Enjoys hearing diverse perspectives on a problem and bringing groups together to agree on the best possible solution.
Nice to Haves:
- Desire to Never Stop Learning: Need to be comfortable entering an ambiguous environment and ramping quickly. This can best be validated with a Master’s degree or additional certifications (Lean/Six Sigma, PMP, BPM, etc.).
- Logistics Experience: Bonus points for knowing the freight industry and RFP pricing process inside and out.
- Mentorship Mentality: Not only are you able to execute effectively, but you also have the desire to teach and train co-workers, contributing to their success.
- Appetite for Disruption: Convoy is transforming the freight industry and although your experience will guide your approach, you should be willing to reinvent what you’ve learned in order to always seek a better method. Great if this is not your first rodeo and you’ve worked in a startup environment previously.
Employees' wellbeing is top of mind for the Convoy team. Outside of offering excellent medical, dental, and vision benefits, we also offer the following:
* On demand mental and emotional health benefits through Lyra * On demand primary care through 98.6* Generous paid time off* Paid parental leave program * Fertility benefit solutions via Progyny * Child-care and adult/elder-care options through Bright Horizons* Opportunity to join and contribute to one of our Employee Resource Groups
* Ability to make a real world impact!
Convoy is an equal-opportunity employer and we welcome applicants from all backgrounds. If you’re a passionate team player who wants to have an outsized impact on a diverse and dynamic team, we’d love to hear from you!