We're seeking an Admissions Coordinator who's ready to dive deep into the heart of our operations. This role is for you if you can seamlessly blend analytical acumen with genuine passion. Ideal candidates will be adept at discerning the potential of Fellowship applicants, ensuring our cohorts are diverse and primed for growth, individual and collective.
The ability to skillfully navigate data, craft compelling email campaigns, and manage workflows is crucial. If you’re able to juggle precision with empathy, you’ll feel at home in this role.
An authentic passion for working to alleviate the effects of climate change and the adaptability to thrive in a dynamic setting are paramount. If you embrace a collaborative, low-ego, team-first mindset and possess a keen attention to detail, we can’t wait to review your application.
Climatebase is a rapidly growing remote-first organization dedicated to mobilizing talent to accelerate climate solutions. As the world's leading platform for climate careers, Climatebase helps climate organizations solve their hiring challenges by providing mission-driven professionals with a centralized resource for job opportunities, learning, and community. We’re building the “LinkedIn for climate”, and we’re passionate about increasing the number of people joining the climate workforce while solving one of the biggest hurdles facing climate companies today: Hiring.
- Each month, Climatebase drives over 100k job applications from over 250k monthly visitors. In just 3 years since launching, we’ve helped thousands of people get hired at hundreds of climate tech companies and organizations.
- We've developed the foundation for a comprehensive hiring platform and professional network, which already features world's #1 climate jobs marketplace, a talent network with tens-of-thousands of profiles, a built-in Applicant Tracking System (ATS), and a feature-rich community platform (currently in private beta and only accessible to members of the Climatebase Fellowship)
- We’ve developed one of the leading climate newsletters, Climatebase Weekly, which reaches nearly 100k readers three times each week.
- We launched and organized SF Climate Week, which attracted over 7,000 people who attended over 100 events. 2023 was the first SFCW, and we will be running SFCW annually.
- We launched the Climatebase Fellowship in 2022. Since then, we have helped accelerate the climate careers of over 1,000 Fellows that we selected from over 8,000 applicants across 4 cohorts. We are currently mid-way through cohort 4.
About The Fellowship:
The Climatebase Fellowship, now in its fourth iteration, is our climate career accelerator for top mission-driven professionals. Bringing together selective cohorts of Fellow peers and experts, the community-focused interdisciplinary educational experience is designed to help talented professionals accelerate their existing careers in climate or transition into the space. The Fellowship includes an online 12-week cohort-based program and 6 months of membership in the broader Fellowship community after the cohort concludes.
Position Overview: As the Admissions Coordinator, you'll report to the Fellowship Program Manager, and under their guidance you’ll play a pivotal role in shaping our community. Your insights and decisions will be instrumental in forming a vibrant, supportive, and curious community of professionals committed to climate.
- Review and Process Applications: Conduct a comprehensive review of applications, considering qualifications, motivation, and climate career goals, to ensure a diverse and passionate cohort.
- Data Analysis: Evaluate applicant data to form a balanced and diverse cohort, fostering peer learning and collaborative career growth.
- System & Workflow Management: Streamline and monitor workflows and application systems to identify and address points of improvement, ensuring smooth operations and effective management of applicants throughout the application process.
- Reporting & Process Optimization: Analyze application funnel data to generate reports on key success metrics for informed decision-making. Identify and implement improvements, enhancing the admissions experience for Fellowship applicants.
- Engagement through Email Campaigns: Develop and deploy email campaigns to engage potential and current applicants on a continuous basis.
- Inbox Management: Respond promptly to Fellowship inquiries to maintain our inbox at 0.
- Data Savviness: A knack for interpreting data, and using it to draw meaningful conclusions for deriving actionable insights for optimal cohort formations.
- Hands-on Review or Recruitment: While direct admissions experience isn't mandatory, if you've been involved in processes where you've assessed people based on certain criteria—whether that's recruitment, applicant review, or something similar—we want to know.
- Email and Communication Chops: Can you craft a compelling email? Great! We need someone who's good with words and can manage and analyze the success of email campaigns effectively.
- Tech Comfort: You should be friendly with digital platforms and have experience or at least comfort in navigating CRM tools.
- Reporting Skills: Can you take a bunch of data and turn it into a report that makes sense? If yes, that's a tick for us.
- Organizational Skills: We value attention to detail and the ability to juggle multiple tasks without letting anything slip through the cracks.
- Climate Enthusiast: A genuine interest in the climate space and a desire to make an impact is essential.
- Startup Spirit: We move fast. You should be adaptable and ready to thrive in a dynamic startup setting. Our team is driven by a commitment to our mission, and no task is beneath us.
- Team Player: Low ego, high enthusiasm, and a collaborative mindset are key. We believe in supporting each other and celebrating collective wins.
What We Offer:
- Competitive compensation (salary, benefits, and equity)
- Opportunity for growth: We value our employees and offer ample opportunities for career growth.
- Remote-friendly work environment: As a fully remote team, we offer the flexibility to work from anywhere within the western hemisphere. Preferred time zones for candidates: from UTC -4 to UTC +1.
- Diverse and inclusive team: We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all our team members.
To apply, please submit your resume along with a cover letter explaining why you feel like you're the right fit for this role.
Note: If you are an alumni of the Fellowship, please indicate that in the text field provided in the “cover letter” section of your application.
We will follow up over email to conduct a live interview with outstanding applicants. Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis, and early applications are encouraged.
Climatebase is an equal-opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.