About the Role
DC charging systems for electric vehicles (EVs) are complex machines that manage immense power flows and do not tolerate downtimes. You will be working on the inner core of a new exciting and fast-growing EV charging industry, helping to shape the interfaces to other industry branches. You will create the tools and help experts solve one of the biggest challenges in both mobility and energy domains.
These tools are provided to internal and external industry experts for the whole lifecycle, covering engineering, configuration, automated test, monitoring/debugging/diagnosis, in-field deployment and analytics, application development, SW emulation
- Currently enrolled in a Bachelor's or Master's program
- Compulsory internship or Werkstudent position local in Munich (hybrid work, part-remote/part-local)
- Some experience in programming (C/C++, Golang, JS/Typescript, Rust or Python)
- Ability to learn and work self-driven in a fast-paced environment
- Excellent communication skills, team spirit, and passion for electronics
- Fluent in English (written and spoken)
- German language is advantageous, but not necessary
Your day at EcoG
- Working with skilled and experienced colleagues from different teams within EcoG, you will create, improve and maintain best-in-class software tools that enable professionals to
- Debug and analyse complex DC charging processes
- Collect, visualise and evaluate monitoring data from high-resolution timing to big data analytics across thousands of production devices
- Work on setups in the lab and seamlessly on production machines in the field
- Deploy and update controllers in a highly challenging and security-critical environment
- Integrate charging into custom SW modules and other services, allowing you to gain deep insights into different industries such as energy automation, payments, building automation and all kinds of Industrial IoT (IIoT) use cases
- Create smart auto-configuring systems resp. simplify their configuration
- You'll learn and use technologies on a daily basis - you'll be exposed to a range of new technologies (Rust, Golang, Node.js) as well as proven and battle-tested SW (e.g. in C/C++) that you can adapt to be more maintainable and better integrated with your tools
- You will have a direct influence on every phase of the lifecycle of these tools, from inception to implementation, deployment and roadmap
- You will own and steer your tools, eat-your-own-dogfood approach will guarantee short feedback cycles from internal colleagues and parters/customers
- Meaningful job: Our mission-driven team is dedicated to a more sustainable future by making EV charging a reality!
- A lot of fun and trust working with an experienced, international, and diverse team
- Sharpen your technical and soft skills with direct impact, we give you responsibility and ownership over your work. your decisions matter.
- Work in a dynamic, entrepreneurial environment and be an integral part of our growing success
- Feel the rapid progress in the buzzing environment of one of Germany's fastest-growing tech companies.
- Apply your theoretical knowledge in practice
- A hands-on work environment in Munich and a lot of flexibility
- Fresh fruit, water, coffee and Kicker table as well as joint lunch breaks