Are you up to the challenge of helping solve one of the world's largest problems of food waste? Recent research has found that an incredible 30-40% of food is wasted every year around the globe. Full Harvest is a high-growth, VC-backed AgTech startup solving this food waste problem.
We’ve built the B2B marketplace connecting farms with food & beverage businesses to sell ugly and surplus produce that would have otherwise gone to waste. We are rapidly growing the team, after raising a $8.5 million Series A, led by Spark Capital.
Full Harvest has been recognized in major publications including TechCrunch, WSJ, Forbes, the Economist and featured on Bloomberg. We have received the United Fresh Award for Innovation and our CEO, Christine Moseley was named ‘#2 Most Innovative Women in Food and Drink’ by Food & Wine Magazine.
We are looking for a skilled Full Stack Software Engineer who believes in our values and mission, is passionate about building great products and a desire to leave a positive impact on the planet. You’ll work with an incredible, product-focused team in a supportive, friendly environment.
Our headquarters are in downtown San Francisco.
- 3+ years of experience developing object-oriented software with a solid understanding of Ruby on Rails.
- 3+ years of experience with Front-End technologies (HTML, JQuery, React, Bootstrap, CSS, ES6)
- Understanding of fundamentals of relational (PostgreSQL, MySql) databases.
- Prior experience designing APIs, setting up asynchronous jobs and queues is a plus
- Experience working at fast-growing startups is a plus
- Experience working with marketplaces that have scaled through growth a huge plus
- Passion towards Full Harvest's mission of solving food waste.
- Join our product and engineering team at an early stage. We’re growing, so there’s lots to do and even more to learn!
- Report to the Head of Engineering as part of the Engineering team to help scale Full Harvest’s B2B E-Commerce platform.
- Participate in code reviews, design discussions and contribute to the entire life cycle of the features, from conception to completion.
- Implement, and deploy new features, automate manual processes, integrate with third-party APIs and extended self-service and administrative tools
- Most importantly: get challenged, learn, and have fun!
How We Operate:
As a team, we are focused on our mission of empowering sustainability solving food waste and we strive to do this by executing in the following ways:
- We are results focused and rely on each other to accomplish our goals
- We deliver consistently strong performance
- We go to great lengths to understand and delight customers
- We give and receive candid and direct feedback
- We admit mistakes openly and are not afraid to ask for help
- We look for solutions in unexpected places
What We Offer:
- Opportunity to work on a great mission - solving food waste
- A fun, challenging environment that will give you the chance to significantly grow and learn
- Equity in a high-growth startup
- The most up-to-date technology, including company-issued Macs, the latest software and other tools needed to excel at your job
- Medical, Dental and Vision coverage
- 401k plan
- Commuter Benefits
- In-Office Lunch several days a week
Looking for more information about us? We recently closed our Series A with Tier 1 tech and ag firms, Spark Capital and Cultivian Sandbox. Learn more in this TechCrunch article.
Full Harvest is an equal opportunity employer and values diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status or disability status.