Convoy is transforming the $800 billion trucking industry, where even 10 years ago, most truck drivers did not have smartphones and electronic driver logs were uncommon. In 2015, Convoy launched the digital freight movement with an open and fully connected marketplace for brands and manufacturers to work directly with freight carriers who move truckload shipments throughout the country. This ‘Digital Freight Network’ is powered by machine learning and automation, and supported by a broad, ever-growing set of features that benefit both sides of the marketplace.
We’ve been honored to work with some great companies, such as Unilever, The Home Depot, and Procter & Gamble. We’ve also been backed by world-class investors, including the founders and CEOs of Amazon, Salesforce, eBay, LinkedIn, Expedia, Dropbox, Starbucks, and others. We are proud to have been named a CNBC Disruptor 50 Winner (3x), a Fast Company World Changing Idea, a LinkedIn Top Startup, a Forbes' Best Startup Employer, one of Fortune Magazine's 'Impact 20' list, a best place to work in Washington State, a BloombergNEF Pioneer winner, and more.
This is your opportunity to collaborate with an incredible group of people and help transform the freight industry. Join Convoy and help us transport the world with endless capacity and zero waste.About you:
Convoy is building a team of diverse, talented, and creative engineers to automate the logistics industry. We’re developing cutting-edge software that makes trucking more efficient and sustainable, all while providing a world-class shipper and carrier experience. We’re looking for people who pride themselves on their ability to create innovative products, balancing urgency with intentionality. You approach every problem, process, and system with a collaborative, open mind and are eager to continue growing your skillset. Must be able to relocate to Seattle for duration of internship.
- Immediately be paired with a vertically focused team and be indoctrinated into the product they support.
- Ship code your first week- we expect our interns to contribute in meaningful ways right off the bat.
- Have excellent mentorship. Each intern will be paired with an engineering mentor to help guide them through the summer.
- Get the chance to own large, complex projects and see them through to the finish.
- Earn competitive pay and perks.
We're looking for someone who has:
- A degree in Computer Science IN PROGRESS with a graduation date in 2023.
- Experience with an object oriented language like Java, C++, Ruby, Python, etc.
- Working knowledge of data structures and algorithms.
- Strong communication skills and ability to fluently express ideas to business stakeholders.
Nice to haves:
- Previous internship experience is strongly preferred.
Employees' wellbeing is top of mind for the Convoy team. As an intern with Convoy, you will be eligible for awesome benefits including:
* Competitive monthly housing stipends * An ORCA transportation card so you can explore Seattle's neighborhoods* Fun intern events (such as chartering a boat in Lake Union!)* Opportunity to join and contribute to one of our Employee Resource Groups
* Ability to make a real world impact!
Convoy is an equal-opportunity employer and we welcome applicants from all backgrounds. If you’re a passionate team player who wants to have an outsized impact on a diverse and dynamic team, we’d love to hear from you!