We’re looking for a highly organized and ambitious individual to join our rapidly growing Fleet Operations team. Reporting to the Head of Fleet Operations, this person will play a key role in allowing us to deliver a world class service for our customers. Please note this is a full-time role working Monday to Friday.
Zoomo is an e-bike company that was launched in Australia in 2017 and is now growing rapidly in the UK, US, and around the world. Equipped with the latest software and hardware technologies, we’re helping to redefine our customers' operations, providing the smartest and most reliable e-bikes on the market.
As well as selling and leasing e-bikes to businesses in New York and across the US, we also provide structured preventative maintenance services to our customers. This means that our team of in-house mechanics visit customer locations to maintain and repair their fleets, helping to ensure bikes are safe and working well.
The fleet operations team at Zoomo is quickly becoming one of the most important parts of our organization. This is because more and more delivery and logistics companies are choosing our e-bikes to support their own growth in NYC and across the US. What this means for us is that we have a rapidly growing number of customer bikes that require scheduled maintenance.
We also need to be able to respond quickly to emergency repair situations, maximizing customer fleet uptime and customer satisfaction at the same time. To achieve this, we are building a best in class fleet maintenance program and the Fleet Operations Manager will play a pivotal role in making that a reality.
Roles & Responsibilities
The Fleet Operation Manager will be responsible for proper care and function of all bikes in our East Coast markets. This requires:
- Warehouse teams (mechanics, site managers, field technicians, etc) from each market will report into you.
- Sustainably maximize workshop productivity.
- Make Zoomo a great place to work and execute a mechanic hiring, training and retention program which can keep up with our rapid growth.
- Regular and timely reviews of the fleet maintenance requirements, ensuring that bikes that are due preventative and/or wear and tear maintenance are scheduled correctly.
- Reacting quickly to critical repair situations as they arise and coordinating an appropriate response.
- Analysis of business inefficiencies and propose solutions to our leadership team.
- Working cross-functionally to analyse data and drive ad hoc initiatives to completion including working closely with Warehouse Managers to set and uphold quality standards across the business, using data to manage and optimize.
- Work with the Area Manager and Global Fleet team to develop and implement health, safety, security, and environmental strategy.
- Report on East Coast fleet metrics and targets, including availability, bike downtime, parts and labour spend, fleet quality and workforce satisfaction.
- Coordinating between field and warehouse operations to ensure bikes are moved and repaired in a synchronized manner.
- Timely and clear communication to customers, account managers, store supervisors, and clients, around bike delivery.
- Coordinating inter-market logistics.
- Tracking and ordering of spare parts & equipment.
- Self-starter: Independently capable of seeking information, solving conceptual problems, corralling resources and delivering results
- Analytical thinker: Comfortable with data and ambiguity; able to both delve into the details and operational tactics, and engage meaningfully on the big picture or overall strategy
- Adaptable to change: Motivated to work collaboratively in a fast-paced, ever-changing environment and comfortable working under pressure
- Effective communications: Excellent communication skills with the ability to distill complex thoughts and strategies into simple, actionable recommendations
- Technically adept: A high degree of computer literacy and familiarity with / comfortable using digital tech platforms and software
- Team player: Feels a sense of accountability to the team and expects the same in return and is willing to go above and beyond to make things happen
- Logistics wizz: Experience working for a logistics company and / or experience working with logistics software would be very advantageous.
- Cycling enthusiast: A passion for bikes and a knowledge of basic bike components a plus
$75,000 - $85,000 / year depending on experience + benefits