Do well by doing good.
Located in Boston, MA, EnergySage is the leading online marketplace for solar and other clean energy technologies and the most-visited energy website in the country. We strive to make the experience of going solar as easy as booking a flight online. We are looking for passionate, collaborative, authentic individuals to join our team in making renewable energy options more accessible to consumers. Our employees love working here-- we would love to meet you, too.
Learn more about our company and our team: www.energysage.com/about-us/company
Community Solar Marketplace (CSM)
Community solar is a large and rapidly growing segment of the solar industry. EnergySage’s exciting one-of-a-kind community solar marketplace empowers consumers to opt into clean energy when rooftop solar may not be an option or desired. Through this marketplace, EnergySage is also able to provide solar access to individuals in urban and low to moderate income (LMI) communities. Our vision is to become the dominant community solar marketplace. How can you help us make this vision a reality?
Senior Director Community Solar Marketplace
The Senior Director, Community Solar Marketplace is a leadership position, reporting to the CEO, with the responsibilities of a product general manager. As the Senior Director, you will be responsible for the strategic and operational execution and scaling of the CSM product, currently in its first year as an offering. You will connect consumers to community solar projects directly through the EnergySage marketplace, as well as through channel partners. To be successful, you must be entrepreneurial, knowledgeable of, and highly collaborative across, key shared business functions/services, including Product Management, Marketing, Channel Partnerships, Business Development, Finance, and Business Intelligence.
What you’ll do:
- Have P&L ownership of the Community Solar Marketplace; continue to improve its pipeline and profits
- Set the CSM strategy, developing short- and long-term plans, aligning to company goals, and ultimately creating competitive advantage
- Scale CSM through both sides of the marketplace: 1) identifying, onboarding, and maintaining relationships with solar developers/aggregators, and 2) customer acquisition
- In direct collaboration with Marketing, Marketplace (sales/BD) and Product teams, execute the CSM business plan, customer acquisition and go-to-market strategies, and pricing models for new products and/or product enhancements
- Leverage matrixed resources to maintain and grow CSM (e.g., Energy Advising, Partner Success, BD, Marketing, Engineering)
- Develop and execute processes for effective customer relationship management
- Collaborate with BI on data collection, analysis, and reporting relevant to CSM
- Substantially increase equitable access to renewable energy through community solar, including to those in LMI communities
You'll thrive in this position if you:
- Are entrepreneurial—you are not afraid to innovate, take risks, and learn from mistakes, while keeping an owner’s mentality in both growing and protecting the business
- Are equally passionate about process and strategy
- Have experience closely collaborating, and utilizing resources, across functions to scale products or business lines
- Believe in the importance of the consumer experience and leveraging consumer insights
- Have solid experience in business development and CRM
- Utilize market analysis, consumer/customer research, knowledge of industry trends, and data analytics to make and support business decisions
- Can seamlessly move between multiple facets of strategy and operations
- Enjoy rolling up your sleeves to establish processes, get things done, and build the business (you love to build, improve, and scale)
- Can lead and manage, influence and execute, initiate and maintain relationships
What we look for:
- 8 + years in product management, marketing, and/or sales/BD; with 3+ years in leadership positions
- Demonstrated experience scaling and operationalizing products
- Consumer experience focus
- Excellent oral, written, and interpersonal communication skills
- Entrepreneurial mindset
- Ability to work, and build relationships, with internal and external stakeholders across functions and levels
- Strong process-orientation, with the ability to shift between strategy and execution
- Organization and prioritization skills, including project management
- Proven problem-solving abilities
- Understanding of, and commitment to, the business, its growth, and CSM’s direct contribution to its success
- Proficient in CRM platforms, data collection/analysis/reporting tools, Microsoft Office tools and/or Gsuite
- Solar experience not required
We are EnergySage.
As the leading online comparison-shopping marketplace for rooftop solar, energy storage, community solar, and financing, EnergySage is accelerating the adoption of clean energy by improving consumer access and affordability. Our user-friendly platform is built on the principle of consumer empowerment through unbiased information, transparency, and choice. As we grow and enter new markets, we seek team members who bring new perspectives, skills, and energy that will propel us to accomplish the challenging work we have ahead.
Confidence can sometimes hold us back from applying for a job- but we believe there's no such thing as a 'perfect' candidate. So, however you identify and whatever background you bring, please apply if this is a role that would make you excited to come into work every day and help bring renewable energy to the broader market.
EnergySage is committed to building a workplace that welcomes and encourages diverse perspectives. We believe that the most successful teams actively and authentically engage individuals with varied experiences and skillsets.
EnergySage is an equal opportunity employer and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any kind. Applicants from a broad range of backgrounds are encouraged to apply.
- Consumer First: Our top priority is to serve and empower consumers through transparency, equitable access to information, and personalized interactions.
- Better Together: We recognize that we gain and give more through collaboration, partnership, and diversity of experience and perspective. We respect one another and are inspired by what we learn and achieve together.
- Integrity: We take personal ownership and pride in doing the right thing. Our consistency, competence, and high standards earn the reputation of “trusted advisors” with all of our stakeholders.
- Substantive Impact: We are committed to effecting and sustaining positive environmental, social, and market transformations through creativity, innovation, and persistence.
- Iterative Excellence: Our intellectual curiosity and bias toward action drive us to continuously learn, evaluate, iterate, and improve.