Who we are.Pachama is a mission-driven company looking to restore nature to help address climate change. Pachama brings the latest technology in remote sensing and AI to the world of forest carbon in order to enable forest conservation and restoration to scale. Pachama’s core technology harnesses satellite imaging with artificial intelligence to measure carbon captured in forests. Through the Pachama marketplace, responsible companies and individuals can connect with carbon credits from projects that are protecting and restoring forests worldwide.We are backed by mission-aligned investors including Breakthrough Energy Ventures, Amazon Climate Fund, Chris Sacca, Saltwater Ventures, and Paul Graham.Recent press:Pachama is #1 most innovative AI company Jeff Bezos' Last Shareholder UpdatePachama to monitor and manage Mercado Libre forest projectsThe Role:Pachama is looking for a new team member to lead our efforts in analyzing and reporting on forest carbon offset projects using new technology. This new team member would use their experience in carbon protocols and combine it with Pachama technology to improve carbon markets. The Forest Specialist would be responsible for evaluating forest project quality alongside our machine learning teams. This person would also be the spokesperson for science and sound carbon principles to our stakeholders - both internal and external.This role is remote. However, being within 3 hours of Pacific time is preferred for this role given cross-functional communication responsibilities.
- Evaluating forest carbon projects using Pachama technology to assess quality
- Develop written reports of findings for Pachama and its stakeholders.
- Directly work with internal machine learning team to understand and improve model outputs on project qualities
- Directly work with external project proponents to understand questions about projects and improve project performance
- Act as a resource for internal and external stakeholders on forestry practices
- Work with origination team to provide custom reporting as needed
Experiences we’re looking for:
- Experience with forest carbon projects or carbon offset protocols as well as forestry practices
- While no modeling experience is required or expected in this role, familiarity remote sensing techniques and output is helpful
- Ability and willingness to communicate about complex topics to non expert audiences (both in writing and in person)
Carbon Accounting & Offsetting