Imperfect Foods was founded in 2015 with a mission to reduce food waste and build a better food system for everyone. We offer imperfect (yet delicious) produce, affordable pantry items, and quality meat and dairy. We deliver them conveniently to our customers’ doorsteps and pride ourselves on offering up to a 30% discount compared to grocery store prices. Our customers can get the healthy, seasonal produce they want alongside the grocery staples they rely on, without having to compromise their budget or values. We’re proving that doing the right thing for the planet doesn’t have to cost more, and that shopping for quality ingredients can support the people and resources that it takes to grow our favorite foods.
We're headquartered in San Francisco with operations all over the country. Check our website
to see if there is an Imperfect near you!COVID update for on-site employees: All Imperfect Foods employees must be fully vaccinated to be on-site or at company functions. For roles that require an employee to be on-site to fulfill their job functions: job offers are contingent on providing proof of vaccination (e.g., a copy of a vaccine card or other similar official document confirming vaccination status). About the Role:At Imperfect, we deliver Groceries on a Mission! As a delivery driver, you will deliver Imperfect Foods boxes directly to our customers' homes in the Boston area. Our drivers typically deliver up to 150 boxes in a shift, while ensuring that deliveries arrive in pristine shape, according to customer instructions, during the scheduled time window. You will be the face of our company, and the main liaison between Imperfect Foods and our customers.If you’d like to check out a day in the life of an Imperfect driver in LA, click here.@imperfectfood
Why work at Imperfect:
- Competitive pay: $21.50 per hour (up to $860/week)
- 4 day work week
- Health benefits including medical, dental, and vision coverage for our employees and their dependents
- An Imperfect Foods sprinter van is provided for the route
- Cell phone stipend
- Paid vacation, sick time, and company holidays
- $25 weekly credit to your Imperfect Foods account
- Opportunity for career advancement, regular bonuses, and merit-based pay increases
- Get some extra dough for referring your friends/past colleagues ($250 & up!)
What you’ll be doing:
- Schedule information: Tuesday-Friday, 7am-5pm
- Helping with loadout, transferring boxes into the delivery vans
- Delivering up to 150 orders per shift, paying close attention to delivery instructions
- Keeping in constant communication with your dispatcher
- Following all traffic laws, being an alert, courteous and defensive driver
- Maintaining cleanliness of the company van, and reporting any damages or accidents immediately
Please note, duties, responsibilities, and activities may change or be supplemented at any time at your Manager’s discretion.
What you’ll need:
- 2+ years of experience in a delivery role preferred
- Must be at least 21 years old, and have had a valid driver's license for at least 2 years
- Ability to read and understand delivery instructions
- Confident using Google Maps to ensure a timely delivery experience for each customer
- Working Smartphone with data plan for pictures (a stipend will be provided)
- CDL Class A or B license preferred but not required
- Highly organized and strong attention to detail
- Communicative - no question is too small to ask!
- You excel at independent, unsupervised work and are able to problem-solve and think on your feet
- Ability to lift/push/pull up to 70+ pounds
- Comfortability driving a full shift, working in all types of weather conditions
- You’re passionate about our mission to eliminate food waste and create a better food system for all
Please note, offers are contingent upon background checks
Imperfect's commitment to DEIImperfect Foods is steadfast in our commitment to being an actively anti-racist company.We understand that it is necessary to take ownership and accountability for building an equitable workplace where all members of our organization can truly belong. It is our responsibility to ensure that every department at every level of our business reflects the diversity of the world we live in. We aim to achieve this through our hiring practices and by championing Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion (DEI) programming that fosters a supportive work environment where everyone can thrive and have connections across teams. DEI programming is available for all employees and we highly encourage staff participation. It is only with everyone’s unique perspectives, experiences, and beliefs that we can help shape a culture of belonging and create an environment where all Imperfectionists are celebrated.
- Please take a moment to apply if this seems like a good fit for you. If you decide it is not, there are other job opportunities on our website linked HERE that just might be
- If your application is a fit, someone from our team will contact you via email to set up an onsite interview
- Please note, offers are contingent upon background checks. Background checks will be ran once an offer is accepted
U.S. E-Verify Notice: Imperfect Foods participates in E-Verify in the United States. Imperfect will provide the U.S. Social Security Administration (SSA) and, if necessary, the U.S. Department of Homeland Security (DHS), with information from each new employee's Form I-9 to confirm work authorization.How we are protecting employees from COVID-19
At Imperfect Foods, employee health and safety is our top priority. We have implemented processes and precautions to prevent the spread of COVID-19 in our facilities. We provide gloves, masks, and hand sanitizer to all essential employees who must report to work. Before entering our warehouse, employees have their temperatures checked. In addition, we take great care to ensure frequently touched surfaces are sanitized throughout the day and all warehouses are fully sanitized weekly.
We have also implemented an Emergency Sick Leave policy providing full-time and part-time employees 2 additional weeks of paid time off and up to 26 weeks paid leave if they have a confirmed case of COVID-19.