Span Home Advisor (Lead Qualifier)
At Span, we are building products that enable the rapid adoption of renewable energy like home solar, batteries, and electric vehicles. The Span Smart Panel replaces the standard electrical panel to become the center for connected power in the home, providing revolutionary insights and home energy controls through the Span mobile app.
Span has been named one of the best home innovations in 2020 by Fast Company and one of the Forbes Top 20 IoT Startups to Watch, in addition to receiving multiple awards from the US Department of Energy and National Renewable Energy Laboratory.
We’ve developed a breakthrough product for residential solar + storage customers, have seen strong initial market traction, and are looking to rapidly grow revenue by expanding our Sales team.
To fulfill our inbound demand from homeowners, Span is looking for a motivated and talented Span Home Advisor as part of our growing sales team. In this role, you will be the face of our product and brand to potential customers, showcasing Span’s breakthrough capabilities and providing an excellent experience throughout the process. As part of our quickly expanding team, you will grow and take on additional responsibilities as a sales professional.
- Handle high volume of inbound and outbound calls from prospects inquiring about Span.
- Qualify prospective customers for Span.
- Provide an excellent experience for prospective customers.
- Effectively overcome and handle objections from prospective customers.
- Educate and explore goals of prospective customers in a quick and efficient manner.
- Distribute qualified lead information to Sales Consultants and Installer Partners.
- Schedule customer appointments with Sales Consultants.
- Re-engage with prospects who have required future contact.
- Support prospect inquiries via email and website submissions.
- Address prospective customer’s understanding of the benefits of Span through our products.
- Validate prospective customer’s contact and home information in CRM system.
- BS/BA Degree
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Strong work ethic and ambition to succeed.
- Ability to effectively educate the public about the benefits of Span
- Proficient with email, Google suite, and CRM tools (Salesforce preferred)
- Dedicated to the Span mission of scaling clean energy projects for homes
- Experience in a call center environment required.
- Experience with solar and/or smart home device sales
- Understanding of solar and battery upgrades
- Understanding of home remodels / home upgrades
Life at Span
Span offers a unique opportunity at a startup based in the SOMA neighborhood of San Francisco. We are a small, diverse team of creative thinkers. We value open communication, teamwork, and a make-it-happen attitude - no job is too big or too small. We strive to make change by imagining what the future could be and building a product to complete that vision. We are looking to grow our team with talented people who are on the same mission to shape the future of energy.
Working at Span, you can expect:
- Competitive compensation and early equity at a well-funded, fast-growing, venture-backed company (read more on why Amazon and others invested in Span here and here)
- A sunny 20,000 sq ft hardware lab + office space in SOMA, a stone’s throw from Caltrain and close to BART
- Flexible hours and vacation time - we simultaneously work hard and make space for the important stuff
- Additional Span holidays in celebration of causes we believe in (this year so far we provided days off in celebration of Black History in Feb, Women’s History in March, Earth Day in April and Gay Pride & Juneteenth in June)
- Comprehensive benefits including a choice of medical plans; dental, vision, life and disability insurance
- Diversity - we are serious about this. Span embraces diversity and equal opportunity in a serious way. We are committed to building a team that represents a variety of backgrounds, perspectives, and skills. The more inclusive we are, the better our work will be.