Full Harvest is a high-growth, VC-backed AgTech startup solving food waste at the farm level - the #1 contributor to climate change! (Forbes’ Top 25 Innovative AgTech Startups). We are the first B2B marketplace connecting farms with food & beverage businesses to sell imperfect and surplus produce. Forty percent of food is wasted every year around the globe. Are you up to the challenge of helping solve one of the world's largest problems?
We raised a Series A from top VC firms such as Spark Capital and Cultivian Sandbox and are rapidly growing our team. Full Harvest has been featured in major publications including Tech Crunch, WSJ, Forbes, the Economist, and featured on Bloomberg. We have been recognized as the 2020 top World Changing Idea in Food by Fast Company and our CEO, Christine Moseley, was named ‘#2 Most Innovative Women in Food and Drink’ by Fortune.
We are looking for an Engineering Manager.
You will help manage a team of engineers to execute and plan against company goals & initiatives. You possess strong leadership and communication. The Engineering Manager will work very closely with design and product management to ensure sprints are efficiently planned and executed upon. You must be a proven technology leader who possesses technological creativity to problem solving, a strong ability to innovate and think outside the box, and an exceptional manager of talent and developer of leadership. You will report directly to the future CTO or Director of Engineering.
Our ideal candidate has:
- A passion for the Full Harvest vision and a desire to leave a positive impact on the planet
- Experience empowering engineers, building engineering teams, and aligning technical and business goals
- 5+ years as a Software Engineer, 2+ years as an Engineering Manager
- Familiarity with:
- Scrum and agile development practices
- DevOps and information security best practices
- Heroku, AWS, Ruby on Rails, React, Salesforce, HubSpot, Cloudflare
- Experience with agtech, e-commerce, food, and/or marketplaces (B2B preferred)
- Possesses exceptional communication skills and able to articulate technical decisions to key product and business stakeholders
- Managing and growing successful engineering teams.
- Be confident in making deadlines for yourself and move fast. Have insight to prioritize objectives and delegate other responsibilities
- Ensure we have the technological infrastructure to achieve our business goals
- Collaborate with the Product team to translate customer requirements into reality
- Function as a coach and mentor of high-performing, entrepreneurial, and product-focused engineers enabling them to make sound architecture and process decisions
- Inspire the entire team by bringing new ideas to the table
- Help build and execute technology vision and roadmap.
- Ensure we improve our productivity and culture as we grow rapidly
- Demonstrate expertise by providing deep technical guidance across the stack and lead architectural discussions to scale the product
- Display leadership qualities in managing a small team. Expected to increase team size, establish autonomy, and lead an outsourced group of engineers.
How We Operate:
As a team, we are focused on our mission of empowering sustainability solving food waste and we strive to do this by executing in the following ways:
- We are results-focused and work together to accomplish our goals
- We deliver consistently strong performance
- We go to great lengths to understand and delight customers
- We admit mistakes openly and are not afraid to ask for help
- We look for solutions in unexpected places
What We Offer:
- Opportunity to work on a great mission- solving food waste
- A fun, challenging environment that will give you the chance to significantly grow and learn
- Equity in a high-growth startup
- The most up-to-date technology, including company-issued Macs, the latest software and other tools needed to excel at your job
- Medical, Dental and Vision coverage
- 401k plan
Full Harvest is an equal opportunity employer and values diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status or disability status.