About Altus Thermal
Altus Thermal is a Boston-based startup rethinking home energy use. We’re developing a smart hardware product that will drive higher efficiency, provide greater comfort, deliver a more modern user experience, and increase benefits to the electrical grid. Disrupting our product category will reduce carbon emissions by more than 200 million tons of carbon dioxide per year. Altus Thermal is based in Greentown Labs, a leading clean tech / climate tech co-working space.
As VP of Software Engineering you will develop and own all software-related aspects of our business; translating our strategy into an achievable roadmap and action plan. You will build and lead a team comprised of software engineers, controls engineers and data scientists, while also leveraging external resources as appropriate.
What You’ll Do
- Lead the engineering teams responsible for building Altus Thermal’s Internet-of-Things software stack, from firmware to cloud
- Help assess the specific skills and qualities needed for a world-class engineering team and the task at hand; hire and manage a diverse team of developers; act as a champion for our inclusive values and as a source of mentorship and growth
- Lead data science, developers, and controls engineers to mesh software, hardware, and user experience
- Do hands-on coding, code reviews and architecture, as a part of a small team that’ll grow quickly
- Partner closely with the CEO and VP of Engineering (Hardware) to ensure that our deliverables are aligned with our product vision, and that our product is reliable, effective and brought to market on time
- As a member of the management team, you will also contribute and lead in areas such as strategy, culture, finance and administration
What You Need
- A bachelor’s degree or equivalent training in Computer Science, Computer Engineering or a related technical discipline
- 7+ years of relevant software engineering experience in a start-up or growth stage environment
- 5+ years of team management experience in a start-up or growth stage environment
- Significant experience with IoT and/or software development for the control of hardware products
- Strong ability to inspire, lead by example, grow leaders and hire top talent
- Deep understanding and commitment to software engineering best practices and principles and continuous improvement through measurement
- Passion about having an impact on climate change
- Aptitude for achieving results in a resource constrained setting
Want to Learn More?
Please email firstname.lastname@example.org with your resume and brief thoughts on:
- Why are you interested in joining an early-stage company/how does it fit with your goals?
- When the time comes for reference calls, what will your colleagues say about you?
- What’s your proudest professional achievement?