We believe in a world where less time getting there means more time being there, and that starts with Cora. With over a decade of piloted and autonomous flight experience, we’ve created Cora—our all-electric, self-flying air taxi that will change the future of daily commutes and urban travel. From day one, Cora by Wisk was designed with safety as our first priority using emissions free systems.
We’re working toward a future where you’ll be able to safely soar over traffic and get to where you’re going, faster. Because everyone has somewhere to be, someone to see, and now—a better way to get there.We are seeking a Tools and Infrastructure Software Engineer to join our software and autonomy group, which builds the core fly-by-wire-systems. You will help to build the world's best, and most highly-automated software development environment. You will enable a small group of engineers to quickly develop high-quality, well-tested software, for a variety of fly-by-wire avionics platforms.
- Develop tools and identify opportunities to improve the efficiency of embedded software development and verification through automation
- Support software development operations by maintaining and improving continuous integration, automated test and deployment systems
- Understand and apply DO-330 considerations to automation tools intended to aid in the software certification process
- Closely collaborate with various software teams to understand their unique needs and procedures, and effectively recommend solutions to improve efficiency
- BS or MS in CS or EE or equivalent, with 3+ years of relevant experience
- Proficiency in Python, C/C++ and/or Java
- Familiar with highly automated software development processes and modern tools (git, JIRA, Jenkins/Bamboo, etc.)
- Interest in working with a variety of tools and technologies to solve the problems at hand
- Passionate about aviation and the future of transportation
- Prior experience with software build systems (Make, Scons, Bazel, etc)
- Previous projects developed in C/C++
- Familiar with configuration management tools (Puppet, Chef, Ansible), source code statement coverage and static analysis tools
- Experience with certified, safety-critical software (e.g. DO178B/C, ISO-26262 or equivalent)
We are located in Mountain View just a couple of hundred feet from Shoreline Lake and its surrounding walking/jogging trails. We offer a comprehensive benefits package including medical, dental, vision and life insurance (company pays 100% of employee premium), alternative work schedule (9/80), flexible time off, 10 company holidays, a 401(k) plan with 50% company matching (no vesting period), commuter assistance, and education assistance. And on top of all that, we also offer a variety of perks such as flight lessons, wellness subsidies, employee referral bonus, charitable giving match, IP bonus program, happy hours and many more.
Wisk Aero provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Wisk Aero abides by applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Wisk Aero is an E-Verify employer.