At Zoomo, we're leading the charge in enabling our vision to transition every urban mile to light electric vehicles (LEV) that are accessible to build carbon-neutral cities. To that end, we are building the world’s most convenient, affordable, and safe e-bike platform.
In the short span since the founders went full time in 2019, Zoomo has raised over $30M from some of the world’s savviest investors and built world-leading utility e-bikes and a disruptive business model for their distribution and maintenance. We're a fast-growing start-up with a global footprint across Australia, France, the United Kingdom, the United States, and the Philippines, where we are now the trusted partner to some of the world's leading and most innovative companies like Uber, DoorDash, Domino’s, Pizza Hut, Wholefoods, Gorillas, Just Eat, Getir, and many more.
As our Regional Finance Manager in the U.S., you report to the Global Head of Finance. As our first local Finance function lead you will be tasked with building and defining our function at a regional level as we continue to expand. Initially you will be hands on driving improvements and determining which areas require your attention.
More specifically the role will:
- Critically assess the needs of local management and the function to drive priorities
- Drive the implementation of an ERP [System to be determined]
- Work closely with the Senior Leadership team to help develop the business plans, and solutions to meet the businesses objectives
- Take ownership of the Management reporting through to the CFO, including monthly and quarterly reporting and accompanying analysis
- Take ownership and drive Financial reporting improvements around cost drivers and expense attribution to our differing revenue streams B2C / B2B.
- Take ownership of local payroll requests with the help of a Payroll Specialist
- Manage the Preparation of the Annual Financial Statements either in house or externally
- Ensure local compliance related items of VAT / Sales Tax ar submitted on time and accurately
- Have ownership of all compliance work such as taxes, and ensuring Government requirements are met for continued funding
- Asses and define a business case for local market grants and government assistance if applicable
- Act as a first port of call for all regional finance requests / asks
To be successful in this role you will need to shift easily from the big picture to hands-on work and quickly manage a list of priorities. You will have the passion to scale and grow with the organization. On the skills side you will need:
- Have ideally worked in a start-up or scale-up [Or be passionate to be a part of a fast-evolving organisation]
- Be able to take on challenges head-on
- Have clear and concise communication
- Have previously managed a small to medium-sized team, ideally as a Controller, or a manager
- Strong leadership skills and a natural curiosity to improve processes and execution
- CA (or similar qualified)
At Zoomo, we celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment and equal opportunities. We offer you the chance to be part of an organisation in hyper-growth mode with plenty of opportunities for personal development, including:
- Competitive salary on offer, plus equity options.
- Flexible working hours and a hybrid remote/office work model.
- Tech Allowance
- Monthly Wellbeing Allowance
- Complimentary E-bike* depending on availability
- The chance to be part of an organisation in hyper-growth with plenty of opportunity for personal development
- The full support of an experienced management team in helping you meet your targets and your professional development goals