We believe in a world where less time getting there means more time being there, and that starts with Cora. With over a decade of piloted and autonomous flight experience, we’ve created Cora—our all-electric, self-flying air taxi that will change the future of daily commutes and urban travel. From day one, Cora by Wisk was designed with safety as our first priority using emissions free systems.
We’re working toward a future where you’ll be able to safely soar over traffic and get to where you’re going, faster. Because everyone has somewhere to be, someone to see, and now—a better way to get there.We are seeking a Lead Software Simulation Engineer to join our software and automation group, which builds our fly-by-wire-systems. You will design, develop, test and certify, as necessary, our mission-critical aircraft simulation environment which enables validation and verification of vehicle autonomy, avionics software and real-time control algorithms throughout the development life cycle.
- Lead design and development of advanced simulation framework including single- and multi-agent scenarios for complex algorithm development, early requirements validations for systems and software, software verification, validation of control algorithms and pre-flight pilot training
- Lead trade studies to select tools and infrastructure (cloud-based or otherwise) and work with external partners to build world class simulation capability for the organization that can support a multitude of applications for aircraft and ground operations
- Collaborate with internal customers to identify simulation system requirements, plan milestones and deliver critical tools to support product development
- Plan for future resource needs and build up the simulation team according to plan
- Own and lead the end-to-end simulation development efforts to support our long-term autonomous air-taxi vision
- BS or MS in CS or EE or equivalent, with 12+ years of relevant experience
- Proficiency in C++, Python, and C
- Strong software architecture design and development skills
- Prior team leadership and management experience
- Creative approach to problem solving
- Comfortable working with the physics and math underlying aircraft dynamics, propulsion, etc.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Strong skills in debugging, performance optimization and developer testing
- Passionate about aviation and the future of transportation
- Ability to work effectively in a dynamic environment with changing needs and requirements
- Prior experience developing vehicle simulation software (autonomous cars, aircraft, spacecraft)
- Some exposure to Web application development
- Some exposure to containers and cloud-based tools
We are located in Mountain View just a couple of hundred feet from Shoreline Lake and its surrounding walking/jogging trails. We offer a comprehensive benefits package including medical, dental, vision and life insurance (company pays 100% of employee premium), alternative work schedule (9/80), flexible time off, 10 company holidays, a 401(k) plan with 50% company matching (no vesting period), commuter assistance, and education assistance. And on top of all that, we also offer a variety of perks such as flight lessons, wellness subsidies, employee referral bonus, charitable giving match, IP bonus program, happy hours and many more.
Wisk Aero provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Wisk Aero abides by applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Wisk Aero is an E-Verify employer.