Location: Flexible within the UK
The OVO Group’s purpose is to drive progress towards net zero carbon living. To reach Plan Zero, we need everyone to come together - not just as customers buying energy, but as members with a common goal. As part of this ambitious plan, our goal is to become the ‘Leading Employer in the UK’ by 2030. If you think you could be the talent we’re looking for, then come and join the adventure!
Where in the world of OVO will I be working?
At OVO there are two jobs to be done. Job #1 is building a set of outstanding customer journeys for our core product of Energy supply and Home Services. This is happening across all our brands which include OVO Energy, SSE Energy Services, Boost and Corgi. It is critical for our commercial success and also to build a large membership base to help with job #2.
Job #2 is innovating for a decarbonised future. Field Services sits at the heart of OVO, playing our part in optimising 5 million homes with flexible and low-carbon technologies. We do this through over one thousand engineers working across Great Britain, visiting in excess of five hundred thousand customers’ homes every year. Field Services has a bold direction that inspires results and is constantly looking for better ways to earn and keep members' trust.
What will I be doing?
Working as part of the Field Services Business intelligence team you’ll be preparing data, mining data, finding relationships hiding in our data, identifying real drivers to explain our results and outcomes, uncovering what happened and why, so that you can produce unbiased insight at speed. We want to move most of our reporting and repeatable analysis to Tableau, benefiting from its self-service capabilities and reducing dependencies on you to enable leaders to recognise performance gaps, trends, new opportunities and make better quality business decisions that advance Field Services towards defined objectives and goals. You’ll need you to help our leaders understand both what is happening in Field Services and why. If you can combine data across multiple sources to put insight into action fast, accurately process data and spot hidden trends, patterns or drivers and make it possible for everyone to get an accurate snapshot of business performance you’ll make a big difference.
- Appropriately report performance (against predefined targets), providing users with accurate and relevant analysis of Field Services performance against local and business wide plans, targets and objectives, highlighting where action is required to resolve adverse performance or opportunities exist to improve performance.
- Direct, lead and perform on ad-hoc analyses into specific alerts that have been raised.
- Responsible for the delivery of management information and data analysis to leaders across Field Services, ensuring that users have the information that they require to deliver the highest quality and most efficient service possible.
- You’ll ensure that there is full engagement with product owners, tech teams and business analysts in how regular management information is developed and published. You’ll lead on ensuring the accuracy, completeness and timely delivery of data.
- Communicate conclusions drawn from, and implications of results from statistical and performance analyses to a wide range of stakeholders, guiding them on a certain course of action. Convey statistical concepts clearly and develop and deliver formal presentations to individuals and groups.
- Simplify and reduce the manual work by automating analysis through scripts and tools such as python and SQL.
- Gather and analyse information from live operations to identify opportunities to shape the outcomes Field Services can achieve and leverage opportunities.
- As a Data Analyst there will be an ongoing requirement for you to act within minimum guidelines, work with your manager to set standards for Field Services and establish how business objectives, goals and priorities should be interpreted and implemented in relation to creating, developing and retiring metrics. With a high degree of autonomy associated with this role, you’ll manage the expectations of leaders and other stakeholders.
- Be connected and influential within the OVO analyst community, participating in discussions across OVO that enables effective decision making by retrieving and aggregating data from multiple sources and compiling it into a digestible and actionable format.
- Analyse and extract relevant information from large amounts of both structured and unstructured data to produce required management information and insight.
- Participate in relevant internal and external working groups/projects, services, and initiatives which may be highly complex, sensitive and contain contentious information with the aim of providing information and analytical advice to the teams.
- Analyse and validate data to ensure high data quality and reliable insights. Partner with data engineering teams to improve data assets, quality, metrics and insights.
- Work closely with Customer Delivery and Performance Improvement teams to proactively identify opportunity areas for deep dive investigations and further data analysis.
Is this the job for me?
Essential skills and experience:
- Significant experience in a role requiring application of analytic skills in a business analyst, data analyst or statistical analyst role
- Proficiency in SQL and advanced skills in Excel (including Pivot Tables, array functions, Power Pivots, etc.) - we use Google Workplace apps at OVO
- Exceptionally fast learner, curious about best solutions and practices
- Proven expertise in building reports and BI analysis with Tableau
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills
- Strong commitment to exceptional customer experience, and a high level of dedication, enthusiasm, motivation, and persuasive ability in a team and cross-functional environment
- Ability to work independently in a fast-paced and rapidly changing environment
- Strong analytical skills, a passion for metrics and figures, you have very high attention to detail and you like to structure and organise things so that they make sense
Ideally you will have…
- An understanding of the principles of Agile and lean development.
- An excellent understanding of a broad set of modern technologies across front end, back end and data platforms.
From us you’ll get*
- An annual discretionary bonus
- 4% of your salary to spend on flexible lifestyle benefits
- 5% matched employer contribution to your pension
- 25 days holiday + 1 for your birthday
- And many more...
(*) Please note that certain benefits kick-in once you have passed probation which can be up to 6 months after your start date.
We want the best people
At OVO, we empower our people to have choice around where and when they work - flexible working arrangements can be discussed for all of our roles. Please speak to the Talent Acquisition team for more info.
We’re keen to meet people with varied backgrounds - our view is the more inclusive we are, the better our work will be. We want to build teams which represent a variety of experiences, perspectives and skills, and we recognise talent on the basis of merit and potential.
We understand some people may not apply for jobs unless they tick every box. If you're excited about joining us and think you have much of what we're looking for, even if you're not 100% sure… we'd love to hear from you.
Learn more about working in the OVO family of companies on our careers page and Glassdoor. We’re also delighted to have received a Top Employers certificate in 2018, 2019 and 2020!