Imperfect Foods was founded in 2015 with a mission to reduce food waste and build a better food system for everyone. We offer imperfect (yet delicious) produce, affordable pantry items, and quality meat and dairy. We deliver them conveniently to our customers’ doorsteps and pride ourselves on offering up to a 30% discount compared to grocery store prices. Our customers can get the healthy, seasonal produce they want alongside the grocery staples they rely on, without having to compromise their budget or values. We’re proving that doing the right thing for the planet doesn’t have to cost more, and that shopping for quality ingredients can support the people and resources that it takes to grow our favorite foods.
We're headquartered in San Francisco with operations all over the country. Check our website
to see if there is an Imperfect near you!Please consider completing the optional Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion (DEI) survey below. Doing so will help keep us accountable to the DEI commitments we have made as a company. By choosing to disclose elements of your identity, you are informing us about our candidate pool and the ways we can continue to improve making Imperfect Foods an inclusive company for everyone. Responses will in no way affect your candidacy for the position you apply for. Information collected will be kept secure and confidential and will be used solely to evaluate our DEI efforts. We thank you in advance for helping us to become a better company for people of all backgrounds.About The RoleImperfect is looking for an experienced Data Analyst to join the Data team. You will deliver analyses and provide insights that impact the entire company. This role requires a strong level of analytical horsepower and communication skills to effectively analyze and tell the story behind the data. We’re excited to have you uncover opportunities to deliver an ideal customer experience and effectively reach customers to continue to fight food waste within our food system.
- Provide metrics reporting, data-driven analyses, and insights for strategic business initiatives, while maintaining analytics roadmap to prioritize initiatives, communicate timelines, and ensure successful, timely completion of deliverables
- Support ongoing analysis and weekly metrics to better understand Imperfect’s customer through survey, behavioral, and purchase data
- Analyze metrics, such as retention and LTV, for various customer segments, acquisition channels, and markets
- Collaborate with the teams across the company to identify impactful business problems and translate them into structured analyses, actionable insights, and reports and dashboards
- Assist with the development and deployment of analytical tools and develop custom models to track key metrics, uncover insights in the data, and automate analyses
Skills and Qualifications
- 2+ years experience in a data analysis role
- Airtight quantitative skills including expert proficiency with SQL
- Experience working with large data sets and cleaning data to ensure proper data quality
- Impeccable attention to detail
- Strong communication skills with the ability to transform data into a story for different audiences and various stakeholders
- Adept at turning analyses into actionable recommendations for the business
- Bonus: Proficiency with statistical modeling tools, data visualization tools, other analysis languages (Python, R), data pipelines, and ETL
- You love all things data
- You’re a self-starter with the ability to juggle multiple projects at once
- You’re excited and ready to join a fast-paced and flexible startup environment
- You’re passionate about Imperfect’s mission to eliminate food waste and create a better food system for all
Details of Position
- Full-time, exempt position reports to the Analytics Manager and is available immediately
- Candidate can be remotely located within the US
- Salary and stock options commensurate with experience
- Competitive benefits package including health care, paid vacation, 401K, paid parental leave, and recurring credit towards your Imperfect account
- Salary Estimate: $80,000 - $110,000
- The estimate displayed represents the typical salary range of candidates hired. Factors that may be used to determine your actual salary may include your specific skills, how many years of experience you have, and comparison to other employees already in this role.
Imperfect's commitment to DEIImperfect Foods is steadfast in our commitment to being an actively anti-racist company.We understand that it is necessary to take ownership and accountability for building an equitable workplace where all members of our organization can truly belong. It is our responsibility to ensure that every department at every level of our business reflects the diversity of the world we live in. We aim to achieve this through our hiring practices and by championing Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion (DEI) programming that fosters a supportive work environment where everyone can thrive and have connections across teams. DEI programming is available for all employees and we highly encourage staff participation. It is only with everyone’s unique perspectives, experiences, and beliefs that we can help shape a culture of belonging and create an environment where all Imperfectionists are celebrated.U.S. E-Verify Notice:
- Sedentary work; involves sitting most of the time
- Occasional movement around the office may be necessary
- Regular work with computers, including keyboards, mouses, and screens
Imperfect Foods participates in E-Verify in the United States. Imperfect will provide the U.S. Social Security Administration (SSA) and, if necessary, the U.S. Department of Homeland Security (DHS), with information from each new employee's Form I-9 to confirm work authorization.COVID update for on-site employees: All Imperfect Foods employees must be fully vaccinated to be on-site or at company functions. For roles that require an employee to be on-site to fulfill their job functions: job offers are contingent on providing proof of vaccination (e.g., a copy of a vaccine card or other similar official document confirming vaccination status).
At Imperfect Foods, employee health and safety is our top priority. We have implemented processes and precautions to prevent the spread of COVID-19 in our facilities. We provide gloves, masks, and hand sanitizer to all essential employees who must report to work. Before entering our warehouse, employees have their temperatures checked. In addition, we take great care to ensure frequently touched surfaces are sanitized throughout the day and all warehouses are fully sanitized weekly.
We have also implemented an Emergency Sick Leave policy providing full-time and part-time employees 2 additional weeks of paid time off and up to 26 weeks paid leave if they have a confirmed case of COVID-19.