Fulfilling Terraformation’s ambitious mission will require us to build equally ambitious tools. That’s where Product comes in. Our job is to provide solutions to forestry bottlenecks big or small, hardware or software, for anywhere in the world.So far we’ve built solutions for things like irrigation (solar desalination), seed collection (seed bank) and record keeping (mobile apps), but there are many more challenges yet to be solved. That’s where you come in.As a Group Product Manager on the Software team, you are the person “laying the tracks” for the team to be successful. That goes for the team of engineers and designers you lead, as well as for the other PMs at Terraformation. In addition to being an exceptional product manager, you are the person who makes others around you better.
Examples of Responsibilities
- Facilitate a roadmapping exercise with your cross-functional team
- Present on a user interview you did with one of our partners in Uganda
- Coach another PM on a skill you’re very good at, like writing effective user stories
- Pilot a tool or process we could adopt to improve quality or speed
- Join in a brainstorm discussion on how we might use drones
- When it comes to product management, there’s very little you haven’t experienced yet
- You enjoy being an individual contributor working directly with a cross-functional team
- You have a track record of shipping great products quickly and consistently
- People you’ve worked with are eager to mention things they’ve learned from you
- You have a reputation for being positive, humble and hardworking
- You care deeply about solving climate change and doing work that matters
- 5+ years of experience in product management at a high-performing software company
- Startup experience
- Experience working on a product that integrates both hardware and software
- Experience building products for an international audience
- Background in forestry or related field
- Fortune-telling or clairvoyance would be really great too
The best part of working at Terraformation is knowing that your work makes a difference. Climate change is the single biggest challenge of our generation, and none of us want to look back and say we spent that time building yet another photo-sharing app.
As a member of the Product team, you’ll work closely with a motivated, cross-functional team solving difficult challenges that literally change the world. And while there may be thousands of tools out there to do sales and marketing, forestry is still done the old fashioned way. You get to bring it into the 21st century.
To learn more about Terraformation's work, visit: www.terraformation.com