Pique Action is a climate solutions media company. Our mission is to tell stories that matter in order to effect change. We are the opposite of doom scrolling.
The Director of Social Media will be responsible for developing the voice and presence of Pique online. As the second hire on the team, this person will be granted wide responsibility and opportunity. The ideal candidate for this role is a social native with experience running brand accounts, is comfortable working in a fast paced environment, and is committed to addressing the climate crisis.
Location: Los Angeles, CA or Remote
What You Will Do:
- Overall responsibility for Pique’s presence on all social platforms, namely YouTube, Twitter, TikTok, Linkedin, Facebook and Instagram.
- Frame, package and post Pique’s documentaries in a creative and engaging manner.
- Develop a unique voice on our social accounts.
- Develop audience engagement strategies and goals for both original and branded content projects.
- Optimize social content (language, voice, tone) on the basis of audience reaction.
- Engage with the audience by responding to DMs, comments and community posts.
- Work with brand partners on social distribution strategies, including paid social campaigns, flight dates and creative. Ensure coordinated messaging and visuals.
- Serve as a liaison towards the broader climate and sustainability communities, engaging influencers, partners and key decision makers.
- Develop relationships with outlets and influencers interested in sharing climate content
- Track and analyze data to help inform our strategy on each social platform.
- Craft copy for email newsletters, website posts and other related marketing content.
- Stay up-to-date with trends and changes on all social platforms.
- Suggest new ways to grow our audience, such as partnerships and promotions.
- Oversee and execute posting or optimizing posts as needed, including adjusting copy, images, publish times, social partnerships and monitoring and responding to feedback on all our channels.
- Develop and lead a paid media strategy for social.
- Owns all aspects of campaign management from the initial planning, brainstorming, utilization of 3rd party tools/resources, to building out reporting templates and optimizations.
- Manage A/B testing and audience acquisition strategies.
- Ability to forecast results based on historical experience and overall expertise.
- 3-5 years of experience managing and posting from social media accounts.
- A positive outlook, a good work ethic, and a problem-solving attitude are a must.
- Excellent content writing skills and knowledge of voice for each platform.
- Basic knowledge of keyword research, SEO, and social analytics tools.
- Basic knowledge of Adobe Premiere and Photoshop.
- Ability to make creative social content on the fly.
- Inherently curious. A thinker and a doer.
- Passion and curiosity for solutions to the climate crisis.
Compensation will be commensurate with experience. Generous equity grants and incentives to be included. Please provide salary expectations with your application.
Interested candidates should submit resume and cover letter in a single Word or PDF document saved as candidate’s first and last name. All submissions should be emailed to email@example.com with “Director of Social” in the subject line. Only resumes and cover letters submitted in this format will be reviewed. No phone calls, please.