Imperfect Foods was founded in 2015 with a mission to reduce food waste and build a better food system for everyone. We offer imperfect (yet delicious) produce, affordable pantry items, and quality meat and dairy. We deliver them conveniently to our customers’ doorsteps and pride ourselves on offering up to a 30% discount compared to grocery store prices. Our customers can get the healthy, seasonal produce they want alongside the grocery staples they rely on, without having to compromise their budget or values. We’re proving that doing the right thing for the planet doesn’t have to cost more, and that shopping for quality ingredients can support the people and resources that it takes to grow our favorite foods.
We're headquartered in San Francisco with operations all over the country. Check our website
to see if there is an Imperfect near you!Please consider completing the optional Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion (DEI) survey below. Doing so will help keep us accountable to the DEI commitments we have made as a company. By choosing to disclose elements of your identity, you are informing us about our candidate pool and the ways we can continue to improve making Imperfect Foods an inclusive company for everyone. Responses will in no way affect your candidacy for the position you apply for. Information collected will be kept secure and confidential and will be used solely to evaluate our DEI efforts. We thank you in advance for helping us to become a better company for people of all backgrounds.About the Role:Our Forklift Operator is responsible for all duties necessary for the successful fulfillment of our customer’s orders and warehouse operations. The Forklift Operator works independently or in a team to provide receiving, warehousing, and order fulfillment services. The Forklift Operator will be a cross-functional team member with the ability to work in all areas of the warehouse.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Move pallets to designated areas, driving a forklift to facilitate efficient storage of product
- Report any potential safety hazards or repair needs to supervisor or management
- Select orders for customers, paying attention to accuracy in count and quality
- Keep assigned area clean and in good order
- Assist in collecting trash, sweeping, floors, or other housekeeping duties
- Responsible for cleaning and sanitizing the warehouse pack area, lines, and produce crates in preparation for produce sorting. General facility maintenance
- May be required to train new employees
- Other responsibilities as needed to support warehouse operations
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities, and activities may change or be supplemented at any time with or without notice.
Skills and Qualifications:
- Forklift experience required
- Read and write English
- Basic math skills
- Ability to stay focused and work efficiently both alone and as part of a team
- Familiarity with a warehouse environment
- Ability to lift 50 lbs and work standing for 8+ hours
- Comfortable working in a refrigerated environment (38°F)
- Order selecting experience preferred
Details of Position:
- Full-time, non-exempt position reporting to the Director of Production based out of our San Francisco,CA location
- Tuesday-Saturday 6 AM-2:30 PM
- Competitive compensation and benefits package including health, dental, vision, paid vacation, 401K, paid parental leave, and recurring credit towards your Imperfect account!
Imperfect's commitment to DEIImperfect Foods is steadfast in our commitment to being an actively anti-racist company.We understand that it is necessary to take ownership and accountability for building an equitable workplace where all members of our organization can truly belong. It is our responsibility to ensure that every department at every level of our business reflects the diversity of the world we live in. We aim to achieve this through our hiring practices and by championing Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion (DEI) programming that fosters a supportive work environment where everyone can thrive and have connections across teams. DEI programming is available for all employees and we highly encourage staff participation. It is only with everyone’s unique perspectives, experiences, and beliefs that we can help shape a culture of belonging and create an environment where all Imperfectionists are celebrated.U.S. E-Verify Notice:
- Frequent standing
- Comfortable working in a refrigerated environment
- Able to walk, bend, squat, climb, reach, and kneel
- Able to lift/push/pull up to 50 pounds
Imperfect Foods participates in E-Verify in the United States. Imperfect will provide the U.S. Social Security Administration (SSA) and, if necessary, the U.S. Department of Homeland Security (DHS), with information from each new employee's Form I-9 to confirm work authorization.COVID update for on-site employees: All Imperfect Foods employees must be fully vaccinated to be on-site or at company functions. For roles that require an employee to be on-site to fulfill their job functions: job offers are contingent on providing proof of vaccination (e.g., a copy of a vaccine card or other similar official document confirming vaccination status).
At Imperfect Foods, employee health and safety is our top priority. We have implemented processes and precautions to prevent the spread of COVID-19 in our facilities. We provide gloves, masks, and hand sanitizer to all essential employees who must report to work. Before entering our warehouse, employees have their temperatures checked. In addition, we take great care to ensure frequently touched surfaces are sanitized throughout the day and all warehouses are fully sanitized weekly.
We have also implemented an Emergency Sick Leave policy providing full-time and part-time employees 2 additional weeks of paid time off and up to 26 weeks paid leave if they have a confirmed case of COVID-19.