Our mission is to make agroforestry a cornerstone of agriculture. Propagate Ventures helps farmers & landowners make regenerative agriculture work for them by balancing short-term income with long-term returns. Our platform makes it easy to access the operational know-how, implementation tools, financing and off-take agreements needed to reduce business risks while integrating fruit, nut and timber trees with animal or crop farming systems.
At Propagate, we're an empathetic and charismatic team. We have a deep passion for nature, and of course, we love trees. We believe economics can work in harmony with nature, and that regenerative agriculture can be a financial and ecological success. Outside of work, you'll find us connecting locally with farmers, playing music, and getting active outdoors. Read our manifesto, and meet our team.
We are looking for a hard-working Field Representative to deliver repeatable sales for the company. This new role focuses on customer acquisition and sales support.
As a key member of the team, you'll be responsible for growing our sales pipeline and acreage under advisement within New York’s Hudson Valley.
What you’ll do
- Grow top-line revenue while maintaining margin and profitability expectations.
- Meet annual sales targets within assigned territory and accounts.
- Establish sales budgets, objectives, and reporting by developing weekly, monthly, quarterly, and annual sales goals & analysis.
- Maintain sales volume, product mix, and selling price by keeping current with supply & demand, changing trends, economic indicators, and competitors.
- Build customer relationships by understanding their needs and objectives while working closely with teammates on requisite sales & marketing opportunities.
- Maintain professional and technical knowledge by attending educational workshops, reviewing professional publications, and establishing personal networks.
- Ensure that the CRM database is up-to-date daily with prospect & client information, as well as sales activity.
- Create and improve workflow automations in software tools to ensure an efficient sales process.
- Represent the company at trade shows and key business functions in a professional manner to generate prospects, and grow revenue opportunities.
- Other duties may be assigned, and participation in special projects as required.
Who you are
You have proven sales experience, and the ability to effectively communicate the Company's value proposition, technology, processes and partnerships. Like us, you value creativity, curiosity, and intellectual honesty, and you are committed to solving problems as a team. You’re passionate about creating a positive impact, and are motivated to join a small, incredibly productive team to do extraordinary things!
You have the following skills and experience (if you don’t have a listed skill or experience, we still encourage you to apply):
- Definitive sales executive experience, meeting or exceeding targets, and ability to close business and build markets.
- Previous experience in a similar position on a sales team (as a Sales Executive, Sales Manager or Sales and/or Marketing Associate).
- Keen business sense, with the ability to find creative business-oriented solutions to problems.
- Excellent listening, negotiation and presentation skills as well as mentoring, coaching and people management skills, across all levels of the organization, including executive and C-level.
- Strong sense of honesty, high ethical standards, reliability, and trustworthiness; holding yourself mutually accountable with the team.
- Must have and maintain a valid driver’s license along with a clean driving record and must be willing to travel as needed or required.
Additional education & experience that could be helpful
- BS/BA degree in business, marketing, agricultural industry or related field preferred.
- Successful previous experience as a sales representative or sales manager, preferably in the agriculture space.
- Knowledge of permanent crops and/or regenerative agriculture is a plus.
- Digital literacy and proficiency in spreadsheet and CRM software is critical.
- Bilingual or trilingual skills are a strong plus.
- Work From Home
- Paid farm or volunteering time
- Check out our full benefits here
Who we are
At Propagate, we believe that by equipping people with the best tools to solve problems, we can tackle big challenges, together! We're always looking for talented people who are interested in building a more resilient future. We are a venture-backed startup, founded in 2017, backed by The Grantham Environmental Trust, Techstars, Elemental Excelerator and Exelon Foundation.
Propagate is strongly committed to equity in its policies, practices, and programs. People of color, women, LGBTQ-identifying, individuals with disabilities and/or veterans are encouraged to apply.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, sex, gender, gender expression, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.
Carbon Accounting & Offsetting, Carbon Removal & Utilization Engineering, Food & Agriculture, Funding