At Span, we are building products that enable the rapid adoption of renewable energy like home solar, batteries, and electric vehicles. The Span Smart Panel replaces the standard electrical panel to become the center for connected power in the home, providing revolutionary insights and home energy controls through the Span mobile app.
Span has been named one of the best home innovations in 2020 by Fast Company and one of the Forbes Top 20 IoT Startups to Watch, in addition to receiving multiple awards from the US Department of Energy and National Renewable Energy Laboratory.
If you are passionate about new technologies and you are highly motivated to get things done, we are looking for a Sr Copywriter/Content Manager to join the Marketing Team at SPAN.
We’re looking for a proactive, creative problem solver who can help streamline our work. You should be the quintessential team player and will be relied upon to help drive brand messaging, campaigns, and general content and copy. You will support all company departments and assist with copy/content for external partners and cross-promotional concepts.
We are seeking a Sr. Copywriter who can:
- Act as a brand gatekeeper, helping to maintain content and copy alignment on templates, activities, campaigns and messaging across internal departments and customer-facing material
- Support our Marketing Manager in developing and executing strategic marketing messaging for B2B and B2C, including website materials, advertising materials, media planning (including social media), and internal training
- Maintain existing content and copy and refresh for updates
- Support the Marketing team in executing high-quality creative messaging around events, including assistance with and execution of scripts or productions related to presentations, podcasts, and videos
- Create content for webinars programs, including slides, promotional materials, and email invites
- Pitch-in on projects outside of your core role, to help advance team goals
- Bring your ideas to the table: Span is rapidly growing you should be interested in presenting your concepts and ideas
And who has:
- BA/BS degree in marketing, communications, technology or related field
- Familiarity with social media software and the ability to recognize relevant social media conversations: you’ll be our ear to the ground to route the message to the marketer or sales rep to the right post(s)
- Ability to handle fast-paced work in a dynamic environment
- Strong organizational and communication skills, excellent grammar, spelling, proofreading, and attention to detail
- Superior planning, time-management, and project management skills
- Creative problem-solver and highly organized: you can think, plan, and execute on multiple projects autonomously
- Great interpersonal and relationship-building skills that allow you to successfully work cross-functionally and with a growing set of stakeholders
- Excellent communication skills—If you are fluent in Spanish it is a bonus
Life at Span
Span offers a unique opportunity at a startup based in the SOMA neighborhood of San Francisco. We are a small, diverse team of creative thinkers. We value open communication, teamwork, and a make-it-happen attitude - no job is too big or too small. We strive to make change by imagining what the future could be and building a product to complete that vision. We are looking to grow our team with talented people who are on the same mission to shape the future of energy.
Working at Span, you can expect:
- Competitive compensation and early equity at a well-funded, fast-growing, venture-backed company (read more on why Amazon and others invested in Span here and here)
- A sunny 20,000 sq ft hardware lab + office space in SOMA, a stone’s throw from Caltrain and close to BART
- Flexible hours and vacation time - we simultaneously work hard and make space for the important stuff
- Additional Span holidays in celebration of causes we believe in (this year so far we provided days off in celebration of Black History in Feb, Women’s History in March, Earth Day in April and Gay Pride & Juneteenth in June)
- Comprehensive benefits including a choice of medical plans; dental, vision, life and disability insurance
- Diversity - we are serious about this. Span embraces diversity and equal opportunity in a serious way. We are committed to building a team that represents a variety of backgrounds, perspectives, and skills. The more inclusive we are, the better our work will be.