About DroneSeed:Our mission is simple: Make reforestation scalable to mitigate the worst effects of climate change. DroneSeed is transforming a 300-million-acre global landscape deforested since the 1990s. It would take 300-years to replant this deficit with current tools. Our technology speeds up the process. DroneSeed uses heavy-lift drone swarms to reforest at scale after 🔥. We cut time to reforest from 3 years to 3 months. We’ve pioneered the drones and the backend required to operate swarms as a delivery solution over rough terrain. We survey sites and deliver to targeted areas of soil proprietary seed vessels that boost seed survival. Utilizing carbon credits, we double landowner investment in 18 months addressing the financial barriers to reforestation.
What you'll be doing:As a Specialist with our Forest Nursery Operations team you will be instrumental in supporting all growing, packing, and distribution of container and bareroot seedlings for a high volume commercial forest nursery. You will be joining a growing team and serving essential functions to support container and field grown (bareroot) seedling production. If you’re deeply committed to our mission and capable of working as team member in a high volume forest nursery and seed operation, we’d love to speak with you.
Role & Responsibilities:
- Produce quality forest seedling crops by applying effective nursery practices and principles
- Assist, coordinate, and train forest nursery workers in required nursery work activities
- Mix fertilizers and check electrical conductivity (EC) readings before and after irrigations
- Take daily block weights while scouting for pests and diseases
- Monitor and measure crop growth rates and conducting audits on lifted crops
- Keep neat and accurate records including computerized record keeping systems
- Implement and operate analog, computerized and other control systems
- Assist with greenhouse sanitization practices
- Maintain, repair and upgrade nursery facilities as needed
- Follow a company directed IPM program, applying pesticides as needed
Desired Skills & Experience:
Benefits of working at DroneSeed: We're focused on making a positive impact on the environment. We value a highly diverse team, have an awesome office culture, support and encourage collaboration, and have locations in Seattle (Ballard) and Olympia. Taking care of your health comes first. We cover 75% of your medical, dental, and vision premiums. We have a flexible vacation policy, so take the time off you need; we don’t track vacation or sick time.Other Information:Candidates must be eligible to work at the DroneSeed Forest Nursery located near Olympia, WA. DroneSeed is an equal-opportunity employer and we are committed to building a diverse team. If you’re deeply committed to our mission and capable of working as team in a high volume forest nursery and seed operation, we’d love to speak with you.
- 3+ years relevant work experience (or AS/BS) degree, in forestry/agriculture/horticulture
- Strong teamwork skills including respectfulness, strong communications and listening skills, reliability, and conflict management.
- Resourceful and adaptable to new and changing technologies, processes, and environments.
- Must be willing to learn and follow regulatory guidance and procedures.
- Experience and comfort in greenhouse and outdoor climates (heat/cold)
- Excellent judgement with a clear “safety-first” mentality
- Successful applicants must complete internal training for pesticide applicator certificate
- Must be reliable and have transportation - no public transit is available
- Shift work and weekend work is required – regular hours are 37.5 per week with varying shift times by grow season
Ecosystems & Biodiversity
Temperate Forest Restoration
Want us to tweet your job? Please write your organization's twitter username below (just the username, please do not add the '@')