WHO YOU ARE
As a Developer working on R&D and Business Applications on the Data Systems Team, you will be a part of our outstanding engineering and research teams focused on accelerating the innovation of next generation lithium ion battery materials. You will demonstrate your experience working with enterprise applications and cloud-based business solutions to design, build, and extend our Lab Information Management System, and address similar initiatives across the business at-large. Your partners will include Silazens across the organization, including scientists in Research & Development teams, lab operations within the Battery Operations team, engineers on the Process and Manufacturing teams, and analysts within the Supply Chain and People teams.
On any given day, you may be found building an application that tracks supplier profiles for the input materials to our anode product, extending our R&D application to allow many-to-many relationships for tracking input materials for a new product, scripting the automation of training assignments to new hires based on their teams and roles, or redesigning our purchasing application to enable capturing of key metrics that can be used to optimize our supply chain.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND DUTIES
- Maintain internal Business Operations applications - for tracking completion of trainings, onboarding and management of suppliers, requests for purchasing, and others as needed
- Extend internal Research & Development business application to enable tracking of new materials development
- Collaborate on interfaces between the data analytics teams across partners and the enterprise applications, including the R&D application, the ERP system, the SCADA system, and Sila’s data warehouse
- Partner with team members at Sila to deliver well-integrated cross-disciplinary solutions focused on enabling a data driven business
- Actively invest in our values and champion them as we grow
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILL REQUIREMENTS
- Experience working with Quick Base and/or similar “no/low-code” Cloud-based Business Solutions software (e.g. ServiceNow, Salesforce, Zoho, Appian, Zapier, Airtable)
- Experience with relational database design and querying (via SQL)
- Experience working with enterprise applications - including, but not limited to, Learning Management systems (LMS), Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP) systems, and Business Intelligence (BI) tooling
- Prior expertise working with cross-disciplinary partners - collecting requirements, designing solutions, identifying objectives and key milestones, and delivering high-quality, integrated solutions