At Span, we are building products to enable the rapid adoption of renewable energy. As more distributed energy resources like solar and storage come onto the grid, it’s increasingly important to be able to improve the technology that sits between the grid, the home, and those distributed energy resources. Span’s smart panel replaces the electrical panel to become the center for connected power in the home. With Span, homeowners receive all the safety features of a standard panel with revolutionary insights and edge-of-grid controls through our mobile app.
You’ll be a key member of the cross-functional product management team on a mission to bring exceptional energy products to market. You'll work at the intersection of Span’s engineering and sales teams to bring new product offerings to reality. Your work will develop product pairings and services into commercial offerings. You will apply your in-depth knowledge of Span's products, customer needs, and the competitive landscape to launch offerings that make homes healthier and safer across the United States.
Members of our team are collaborative, hands-on, creative, and most of all passionate about driving the adoption of electrification and clean energy technologies at scale.
In this role, you will:
- Serve as a market entry and strategy expert responsible for determining everything from addressable market size, market requirements, and go-to-market strategy.
- Become an expert on Span’s customers and markets to assess product-market fit and identify new opportunities.
- Become an expert in the barriers to electrification of homes.
- Conduct quantitative analysis necessary to inform strategic market and product decisions.
- Develop pricing strategy by analyzing Span’s value proposition, customer willingness-to-pay, and competitor offerings.
- Build relationships with 3rd party manufacturers & partners to develop joint offerings.
- Package Span’s products, 3rd party products, and services into comprehensive offerings with standardized solution bundles, pricing, costs, revenue & savings models, contract language, and customer proposal collateral.
- Collaborate with product management to influence Span’s product roadmap and align new product releases with market entry strategies.
- Work closely with marketing team to develop collateral and content that articulates the value of Span’s offerings to partners and customers.
- Enable scalable sales process by working collaboratively with product management, finance, and sales operations to update and maintain Span’s CRM tools.
- Collaborate with trade groups and other industry organizations to increase Span’s breadth of deployment and educate the industry on electrification pathways using Span.
We are seeking someone who has:
- Bachelor’s degree with 3 - 5 years of experience in product marketing, product management, energy, renewables, sustainability, or consulting
- You have the ability to work autonomously with excellent time management skills, focusing on key outcomes amidst competing priorities and tight deadlines
- Creativity, passion, and comfortable working in a dynamic environment
- Collaborative, team-oriented personality
We would love to hire someone who has:
- Prior experience in solar, home batteries, EV chargers
- Prior experience building and launching product offerings
- Understanding of consumer product financing tools
Life at Span
Span offers a unique opportunity at a startup based in the SOMA neighborhood of San Francisco. We are a small, diverse team of creative thinkers. We value open communication, teamwork, and a make-it-happen attitude - no job is too big or too small. We strive to make change by imagining what the future could be and building a product to complete that vision. We are looking to grow our team with talented people who are on the same mission to shape the future of energy.
Working at Span, you can expect:
- Competitive compensation and early equity at a well-funded, fast-growing, venture-backed company (read more on why Amazon and others invested in Span here and here)
- A sunny 20,000 sq ft hardware lab + office space in SOMA, a stone’s throw from Caltrain and close to BART
- Flexible hours and vacation time - we simultaneously work hard and make space for the important stuff
- Additional Span holidays in celebration of causes we believe in (this year so far we provided days off in celebration of Black History in Feb, Women’s History in March, Earth Day in April and Gay Pride & Juneteenth in June)
- Comprehensive benefits including a choice of medical plans; dental, vision, life and disability insurance
- Diversity - we are serious about this. Span embraces diversity and equal opportunity in a serious way. We are committed to building a team that represents a variety of backgrounds, perspectives, and skills. The more inclusive we are, the better our work will be.