We believe in a world where less time getting there means more time being there, and that starts with Cora. With over a decade of piloted and autonomous flight experience, we’ve created Cora—our all-electric, self-flying air taxi that will change the future of daily commutes and urban travel. From day one, Cora by Wisk was designed with safety as our first priority using emissions free systems.
We’re working toward a future where you’ll be able to safely soar over traffic and get to where you’re going, faster. Because everyone has somewhere to be, someone to see, and now—a better way to get there.Our Headquarters and Engineering center is located in Mountain View, our primary test site is located about 60 minutes south at Hollister Municipal Airport.We are looking for a pilot to join us in the role of company Chief Test Pilot. This position will support the design, development and certification of a new class of all-electric aircraft. As the Senior Pilot in the test team, you will be working closely with other Test Pilots and Flight Test Engineers as well as cognizant systems engineers and the certification group to validate and verify a revolutionary new aircraft design. Wisk recognizes the challenges that the UAM industry faces with regards the certification path for our vehicles. We are taking a pragmatic approach to this task and consequently are looking for experienced test personnel to join our talented team to make the certification process as efficient and effective as possible. To be a member you will have displayed highly developed safety awareness and risk management capabilities in previous roles, and be willing to continue this behavior at Wisk.The role will involve using your experience to guide our test certification planning, identify applicable industry guidance and standards, and prepare the team to conduct testing that demonstrates compliance. Having either been a Chief Test Pilot, or previously holding a senior pilot position in civil certification programs you will be acutely aware of the challenges faced to certify an air vehicle. You will want to take this experience and expand your skills within the growing eVTOL industry. This role will require you to display leadership and direction throughout all levels of the company.
- Experience conducting test on programs pursuing FAA/TCCA/EASA Certification
- 15+ years flight test experience as a test pilot with increasing levels of responsibility
- Graduate of an SETP recognized Test Pilot School, or equivalent experience
- Capable of obtaining the required level of FAA medical certificate
- FAA Commercial Pilot or ATP certificate (Fixed or Rotary Wing)
- Strong exposure to and appreciation of appropriate Risk Management and Hazard Assessment in the operational, experimental and certification environment.
- Experience in Type Certification programs for fixed/rotary-wing aircraft. Highly developed understanding of civil certification requirements from initial requirements development to Entry Into Service activities.
- DER and/or ODA experience (or equivalent from other NAA)
- A demonstrated capability to work within the engineering organization to inform vehicle design early.
- Have been heavily involved in the development of aircraft certification basis.
- Have been responsible for, or have supported, the development of manuals for aircraft certification.
- Exceptional communication skills.
- Must have a temperament and the desire to effectively mentor and coach within and external to the test team.
- Unmanned aircraft flight test experience
- Electric Propulsion flight test experience
- Both Fixed Wing and Rotary Wing pilot certificates and flight test experience
- Human-to-vehicle interface design, test and evaluation experience
- Instructor pilot certificate and experience
- Understanding of Part 135 operations and the developing concepts around Advanced/Urban Air Mobility operations
- Familiarity with developing industry standards regarding automation and autonomy such as GAMA Simplified Vehicle Operations
We are located in Mountain View just a couple of hundred feet from Shoreline Lake and its surrounding walking/jogging trails. We offer a comprehensive benefits package including medical, dental, vision and life insurance (company pays 100% of employee premium), alternative work schedule (9/80), flexible time off, 10 company holidays, a 401(k) plan with 50% company matching (no vesting period), commuter assistance, and education assistance. And on top of all that, we also offer a variety of perks such as free catered lunches, flight lessons, gym membership subsidies, snacks, drinks, fruits, employee referral bonus, charitable giving match, patent bonus program, happy hours and many more.In order to protect the health and safety of all Wisk employees in the workplace, we are requiring that all employees receive an FDA-authorized vaccination against COVID-19 prior to physically returning to Wisk’s U.S. offices. Exceptions/accommodations are considered for employees with disabilities or sincerely-held religious beliefs or practices that prevent them from being vaccinated against COVID-19.
Wisk Aero provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Wisk Aero abides by applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Wisk Aero is an E-Verify employer.