Welcome to Planet. We believe in using space to help life on Earth.
Planet designs, builds, and operates the largest constellation of imaging satellites in history. This constellation delivers an unprecedented dataset of empirical information via a revolutionary cloud-based platform to authoritative figures in commercial, environmental, and humanitarian sectors. We are both a space company and data company all rolled into one.
Customers and users across the globe use Planet's data to develop new technologies, drive revenue, power research, and solve our world’s toughest obstacles.
As we control every component of hardware design, manufacturing, data processing, and software engineering, our office is a truly inspiring mix of experts from a variety of domains.
We have a people-centric approach toward culture and community and we strive to iterate in a way that puts our team members first and prepares our company for growth. Join Planet and be a part of our mission to change the way people see the world.
Planet is headquartered in San Francisco, California, Earth.
About the Role:
Planet is looking for a resourceful, proactive and data driven People Operations Partner to join our EMEA People team. You will play a key role in the team and have a lasting impact on Planet, ensuring we are set up for success on our way to becoming a public and truly global company. If you love working with passionate people from lots of different backgrounds and to question the status quo, we’d love to hear from you! It’s truly an exciting time to join and leave your mark.
Impact You’ll Own:
- As our People Operations Partner EMEA reporting to our Director of People Ops in San Francisco, you are the ocean between our two continents, bridging gaps and ensuring we are in tune with each other.
- You work closely with our EMEA People Partners, Maria & Olga, but also our Finance team, to optimise, automate and document our operations processes.
- You understand the importance of clean data in our HRIS and are meticulous at keeping the information up to date at all times, with the support of our Onboarding & People Ops Working Student.
- You will be responsible for employees’ related contracts & documents.
- You prepare our monthly payroll by providing relevant data and ensuring accurate and timely delivery of payroll. You coordinate with our external payroll consultants in Germany, UK, Belgium and France, along with social security agencies and health insurance companies.
- You support our visa & immigration and compliance processes for employees and new hires when necessary.
- You assist in refreshing and streamlining our benefits policy in Germany and more largely across the EMEA area, and in ensuring we provide a similar benefits experience across the board.
- Once the basics are covered, there will be plenty of opportunities for you to grow and take on additional projects as we are growing.
What You Bring:
- You have at least 3-5 years of experience in Human Resources or People Operations related roles.
- You have a native level of German.
- You have a good understanding of German & general European labor law regulations, and you are used to working with global teams.
- You are excited about spreadsheets and numbers.
- You are tech savvy and are comfortable working with modern HR systems and technologies.
- You have a collaborative work style and you are comfortable working with multiple different stakeholders at the same time.
- You are not afraid to dig into complex local & global employment topics.
We’re particularly interested to talk to you if:
- You have experience working in a company with offices in the US and have an understanding of the US labor law environment
- You have experience in the global benefits landscape
- You worked in a scaled-up with 500+ employees
Benefits While Working at Planet:
- Be part of a vibrant international company of 45+ nationalities with office locations in different countries
- Sense of belonging in a diverse and inclusive culture
- Experience a fast-paced spacetech environment
- Countless opportunities to connect within and outside of work with regular team events
- Personal development with annual L&D budget
- Join our regular hack-weeks and meetup events to exchange knowledge
- Employee Resource Groups that provide safe and empowering spaces for connection and mentorship
- Give back to the community by using one day per quarter for charitable work as part of our 1% Pledge
- Health programs and flexible working hours to support work life balance
- Be part of our growth: we offer RSUs for our employees
- Daily virtual mindful bodywork sessions to stay healthy
- We offer equipment and wellbeing support during these challenging times
- Enjoy a spacious central office located in U/S-bahn Zoologischer Garten
- Employees’ well-being is our top priority: on site massages, snacks, fruits, drinks and company lunches
- Additional contributions to Company Pension schemes
- Enjoy unique offers and discounts for companies/web shops
- Additional Company Holidays
Some Press About Us:
Our CEO, Will Marshall featured on TED and featured in a Planet Blog
“Planet: Bringing Space Back Down to Earth”
Tiny, privately owned satellites are changing how we view the Earth features in NBC News
“Planet And Rocket Lab Create Mission Patch To Honor Women In Aerospace” —Planet Blog
Why we care so much about Belonging.
We’re dedicated to helping the whole Planet, and to do that we must strive to represent all of it within each of our offices and on all of our teams. That’s why Planet is guided by an ultimate north star of Belonging, dreaming big as we approach our ongoing work with diversity, equity and inclusion. If this job intrigues you, but you’re thinking you might not have all the qualifications, please... do apply! At Planet, we are looking for well-rounded people from around the world who can contribute to more ways than just what is listed in this job description. We don’t just fill positions, we aspire to fulfill people’s careers, most excited about folks who are motivated by our underlying humanitarian efforts. We are a few orbits around the sun before we get to where we want to be, so we hope you’re excited to come along for the ride.