At Aspiration, we created the category of sustainable, socially responsible retail consumer finance. We offer unique financial products to let people save, spend, and invest their money in ways that make them more financially secure and align with their personal values. Unlike other financial institutions, Aspiration is committed to building a relationship with our customers based on trust and aligning the customer’s success with our own. Aspiration has raised over $200M in funding to date, and is growing quickly.
As the Sr. Director of Business Development, you will be focused on growing Aspiration’s high-growth Sustainable Impact Services business into a massive enterprise and force for good. Aspiration Values Action:
We take initiative. We are doers, not bystanders. Boldness:
We don’t tinker, we transform. Customer-Centered:
Our customers are at the core of our business. Delivering for them is our North Star. Diligence & Dedication:
We do what we say we’re going to do, when we say we’re going to do it. Entrepreneurial:
Act like an entrepreneur not an employee, generate results for the company and customers everyday.
What You'll Do
- Tap into your network and leverage the network of Aspiration colleagues to source and prioritize enterprise prospects across industries.
- Craft and deliver creative pitches, tailoring Aspiration’s B2B sustainability solutions to prospects in order to maximize business and planet impact.
- Negotiate and close revenue-driving deals that deliver significant value to partners, helping them become more sustainable and profitable.
- Collaborate with Legal, Finance and other cross-functional teams to provide insight into the pipeline and ensure we’re set up for flawless execution.
- Build and maintain strong executive relationships to maximize long term impact.
- Partner closely with the Chief Business Development Officer who you will report into to grow the team and scale Aspiration’s global B2B business across every sector and continent.
What You'll Bring
- 15+ years of experience successfully prospecting, negotiating and closing creative, revenue-generating partnerships with companies across industries.
- Highly collaborative spirit and experience working cross-functionally, while also being effective prospecting and pitching autonomously.
- Strong executive relationships with companies across industries from prior business development roles.
- Good vibes, curiosity, tenacity, flexibility and a desire to work in a dynamic, fast-paced environment -- you’ll be joining a very fun, high-growth startup en route to going public!
What You'll Get
- Making an impact for a company with a mission of transforming the financial industry and the lives of millions
- Competitive salary and equity incentives
- Robust healthcare plans, 401K and unlimited vacation time
- Diverse & inclusive culture