Jupiter is the global market leader in analytics for resilience planning and enterprise climate risk management, especially in financial services, industrial, the public sector, and NGOs. Jupiter is led by pioneers in data, climate, and earth and ocean sciences, as well as technology, risk management, company building, and public policy. Our climate risk modeling solutions save lives and mitigate potentially catastrophic impacts inflicted by hurricanes, floods, heat waves, wildfires, drought, and other extreme weather events on homes, businesses, infrastructure, food and water supplies, and entire economies. We seek new colleagues—data scientists, physical scientists, software engineers, company builders, and more—who share our passion for excellence, innovation, and collaboration. Jupiter was founded on the principle that with the right approaches and the right team, we can prepare Earth’s economies to meet the challenges associated with climate change. We value working in an inclusive and equitable environment, with team diversity that reflects the world we live in. As UI/UX Designer at Jupiter you will create SaaS products with intuitive simplicity. Our goal is to successfully deliver data-driven, user friendly designs from concept to delivery in a fast-paced, collaborative, and fun environment. You will work closely within the Products team and collaborate extensively with Engineering, Science and Design groups, as well as Sales and Marketing to manage User Experience throughout the product life cycle.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Establish and communicate effective design processes through a strong understanding of User Interaction Design principles
- Constantly push yourself and the team to raise the design bar through a culture of feedback and open communication
- Establish a deep understanding with a cross functional team of scientists, product managers and engineers
- Create user-centered designs by considering feedback from constituents including interviewing users
- Develop conceptual diagrams, wireframes, visual mockups and clickable prototypes
- Design the visual style and simple interaction flows of applications and elegant experiences
- Deliver storyboards, flowcharts, prototypes, and design specifications
- Learn and contribute through regular design meetings and continually raise our bar for quality
- Assisting in prioritization of tasks and planning iterations
- Resolving issues and business questions.
- A product visionary: You have the ability to think at a high level about product strategy and vision
- Fast paced: You thrive in an environment of fast feedback loops and a mindset of rapid prototyping and iteration
- A storyteller: You have excellent communication and presentation skills
- An advocate for user insights and excellent copy: You understand and champion the roles of user research and copywriting
- A process wonk: You have a knack for creating effective design processes
- A maker / builder: You understand the technical limitations behind design and can effectively partner with your engineering and data counterparts
- An innovator: You can think outside the box and bring fresh, creative and innovative solutions to the table
- A leader / manager: You inspire others to want to work for you and know how to harness the abilities of a great team.
Jupiter Intelligence is an equal opportunity employer to all, regardless of age, ancestry, color, disability (mental and physical), exercising the right to family care and medical leave, gender, gender expression, gender identity, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, military or veteran status, national origin, political affiliation, race, religious creed, sex (includes pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding and related medical conditions), and sexual orientation.Successful candidates must be authorized to work in the U.S.
- 8+ years of relevant work experience in developing world class consumer and/or enterprise products for Web and Mobile (in priority order)
- 4+ years of experience managing a product design function within an organization
- A stellar portfolio of relevant design work that clearly demonstrates your process, outcomes and ability to drive results for your team as a design leader
- BS/BA in Design, UI, UX, Visual Design, HCI or related degree
- Strong proficiency with interactive design and prototyping tools such as Figma, Framer, etc.
- Understanding of the capabilities and best practices relating to the use of front-end Web technologies including HTML, CSS, React and Material UI
- Familiarity with agile development methods, particularly Scrum.
Please submit your Cover Letter and Resume to us to see if there might be a great fit.