StreetLight pioneered the use of Big Data analytics to help transportation professionals and data analysts understand mobility behavior. Applying proprietary machine-learning algorithms to over four trillion spatial data points over time, StreetLight measures diverse travel patterns and makes them available on-demand via the world’s first SaaS platform for mobility, StreetLight InSight®. From measuring traffic volumes to identifying trip origins and destinations, to planning for electric vehicles charging, StreetLight powers more than 6,000 global projects every month.As a member of our Sales team, you will help communities become smart, sustainable Cities. You can become a leader in the transition to data-driven planning. Our clients are on the cusp of adopting Big Data solutions at scale, and we are one of the first companies to enter this high-potential industry. That means we need savvy, sophisticated sales professionals who go beyond sales to truly educate clients. The AEC Territory Manager will identify and sell to new Engineering customers in the transportation and urban planning industries. A qualified AEC Territory Manager has a proven track record of successfully achieving and surpassing sales quota, and has demonstrated success at identifying new, high-value opportunities. Previous experience selling to consulting firms in the field of engineering, construction, transportation, and/or government agencies is desired. Location: This position is a fully remote role that can be based in any of the states within the territory it covers in the east central United States.
- Develop comprehensive business plans and drive the execution of selling strategies in order to grow revenue while forming strong relationships with customers.
- Design and execute account and territory plans to surpass goals and revenue targets.
- Manage and develop key partnerships to expand business in both current and new geographies.
- Drive sales to new customers and expand existing relationships through annual and multi-year contracts and value-added solutions in your assigned territory.
- Foster strong partnerships with new prospects and partners.
- Keep up-to-date with market trends and new developments, and utilize this information for business development and improvement.
- Manage revenue goals in your assigned territory and accounts.
- Conduct ongoing meetings and events with key customer decision-makers with the goal of uncovering and closing new opportunities.
- Attend relevant industry conferences and trade shows to identify new prospective customers, and promptly follow up on leads from various sources.
- Consistently maintain sales opportunity and customer status information in StreetLight Data’s customer relationship management (CRM) system.
- Provide accurate and timely weekly, monthly, and quarterly sales forecasts in your specified territory.
- Process customer transactions such as orders, and sales contracts accurately and on a timely basis.
- Interface with other functional groups, project teams and internal stakeholders to effectively drive revenue, resolve issues and remove barriers toward the goal of jointly achieving assigned quotas.
- Provide regular updates to management, operations and support staff concerning account issues and financial status.
- Attend quarterly business reviews and present your business plans for the coming quarter and fiscal year.
- Bachelor’s degree in the field of business, marketing or engineering
- 10 + years of experience in complex sales to global customers in a recognized technology industry, transportation, urban planning, or architectural-related field
- Proven over-achievement with responsibility for a multimillion dollar quota
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, entrepreneurial "start-up" environment
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills
- Comfortable presenting to senior executive management and large audiences
- Strong financial skills and experience in creating new business opportunities
- Multi-tasking and critical thinking skills and the ability to influence and manage multiple priorities are essential
- Team-oriented, flexible, and able to see the “big picture” - because our entire team must meet our goals for StreetLight Data to be successful
- Must be willing and able to travel up to 50% as needed to achieve objectives
StreetLight Data is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. StreetLight Data provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.