Patch is building the infrastructure to power a climate positive economy and scale carbon removal. Businesses can leverage our API to automatically calculate their footprint and make any transaction carbon-neutral. Offset projects use our consumer-grade platform to manage their business, find new customers and scale their technology. We're a small team of successful startup veterans building a category-defining business in an industry the world deeply needs. We're backed by Coatue, Andreessen Horowitz, Version One, Pale Blue Dot, and are founded by the same team who helped take Sonder from 0 to 2B. About Position
We're looking for an exceptional engineering director to build a team of results-oriented engineers and lead the design and deployment of Patch’s core platform primitives and API products. In this role, you’ll build a team from the ground up where you’ll use creativity to develop best practices and solve problems that both delight customers and make a positive impact on the planet.
What you’ll do:
- Hire and scale an inclusive engineering team committed to technical excellence and delivering results.
- Develop strategic, high-impact technical roadmaps and meet rapid delivery goals for core products and features.
- Transform novel challenges and ambiguity into well-structured technical standards, processes, and executables.
- Inspire high performing engineers to achieve their full potential.
- Strategize and collaborate with other Patch teammates to provide the best product possible to our users.
Your Experience (Must Have's):
- Curiosity to learn and contribute toward Patch’s carbon removal mission.
- Experience recruiting and growing an organization in a fast-paced environment.
- Passion for collaboration and strong ability to build trusted partnerships with cross-functional teams.
- A commitment to technical excellence, and delivering results.
- Willing to roll-up your sleeves when needed.
- Excellent oral and written communication.
- Make a positive impact on the world, and work on a mission that matters.
- Competitive compensation.
- Meaningful Equity.
- Monthly wellness stipend.
- Low ego, collaborative culture.
- Time-off As Needed Vacation Policy.
Commitment to Diversity: Patch is committed to a policy of Equal Employment Opportunity and will not discriminate against an applicant, candidate, or employee on the basis of race, color, religion, creed, national origin or ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, age, physical or mental disability, medical condition, marital/domestic partner status, military or veteran status, genetic information or any other legally-recognized protected basis under federal, state or local laws, regulations or ordinances. #LI-Remote