Do you want to work on the most pressing problem of our generation?
We’re building the infrastructure for the net zero transition, and we’re looking for brilliant engineers, designers, and data scientists who want to help define a low carbon future.
Decarbonizing the economy requires a granular, real-time view of where emissions come from and how they might be reduced. We build software to automate the carbon footprinting of supply chains. Banks, traders, and manufacturers use our product to tame the complexity of international supply networks, identify the most carbon-intensive parts, and find greener alternatives. We were part of the Y Combinator Summer 2020 batch and have secured backing from the UK government’s innovation arm, InnovateUK, the NatWest accelerator and the London Business School Incubator.
CarbonChain is searching for a Principal Metals & Mining Carbon Emissions Analyst with a focus on greenhouse gas emissions modelling for mining assets and supply chains, who is passionate about driving measurable, technology driven change to tackle the climate crisis.
The Principal Metals & Mining Carbon Emissions Analyst will lead the development of CarbonChain’s offering to customers in the mining sector. Specifically, you would be responsible for
- Continuously improving CarbonChain’s methodology to model greenhouse gas emissions of assets and transport along metals & mining supply chains, including mining, smelting, refining, and transportation
- Expanding CarbonChain’s database of metals & mining asset-level emission factors
- Managing a robust quality assurance process for all metals & mining emission models and outputs
- Single-mindedly focusing on ensuring that CarbonChain’s metals & mining methodology reflects the latest scientific standards & industry developments
- Seeking accreditation of results by industry bodies and/or players
- Enhancing customer experience
Reporting to: CEO
Day to Day tasks:
- Model/Source best-in-class greenhouse gas emission factors of metals & mining assets
- Own production of internal and client facing metals & mining related outputs
- Develop materials to accelerate customer acquisition and education, as required
- Contribute to the overall success of the business, as required
- Master’s degree in mining engineering, metallurgical engineering, minerals economics, geology, economics, shipping, the extractive industries or closely related subject. A PhD would be an advantage.
- At least ten years of experience in metals & mining asset analysis and/or economics, preferably with on the ground field experience
- Proven experience in the collection and analysis of cost, price and fiscal data from mineral based industries. Experience in the collection and analysis of greenhouse data would be an advantage.
- Proven track record of strong diagnostic, analytical and problem-solving competencies.
- Team player with strong interpersonal and communication skills. Ability to work in an environment requiring liaison and collaboration with multiple stakeholders including customers
- Ability to present coherent and convincing positions (both in writing and orally) in the English language.
What we require from applicants
- Right to work in the UK and willingness to come to London office 2+ days a week
- A passion for environmental issues
- A demonstrated interest in building products and collaborating tightly with engineers
- The grit and energy to work in an early stage startup
If you think your skills and experience match what we’re looking for and you’d like to join a Carbon Tech industry unicorn, please get in touch!