OnePointFive is seeking a Senior Associate (with at least 2 to 4 years of experience) to join our CEO & Founder, and Founding Partner in delivery of sustainability services, climate technology and finance project work, managing customers & experts, and helping us scale an early, but growing climate technology and expert network -enabled startup.
Skillset requirements and experience:
This role is split across project management, research execution and internal operations, and would suit a candidate with prior management consulting, environmental consulting and/or startup experience
- Ideally at least 2-4 years of work experience or equivalent experience working on strategy and/or operations roles at startups or in strategy and/or consulting projects at companies
- Mission-alignment with passion for impact, especially in the climate and sustainability domain, with proven work experience or research interest in climate
- Background working as a management and/or environmental consultant, working on strategy and operations projects, and environmental projects - e.g. sustainability strategy, research & reporting, materiality assessment, life cycle analysis modelling, carbon measurement
- Experience with consulting projects and customer relationship management, including structure problem solving and development of customer deliverables in a timely manner; Good emotional intelligence, and confidence presenting to and interacting with customers
- Background or exposure to early-stage startups or entrepreneurship experience and interest in delivering sustainability project work and growing a remote sustainability advisory firm
- Background working on the product, operations or business sides of B2B SaaS technology companies considered favorably, with a familiarity and understanding of climate sciences/technology and applications to businesses
- Familiarity with climate finance and investing, and support services required by funds (e.g. sourcing, due diligence) and their portfolio companies (e.g. GHG impact measurements, marketing, operations & growth)
- Familiarity with international sustainability standards (e.g. SASB, GRI, SBTi, TCFD, CDP), and their applications and implementation within organizations
- Familiarity with project management approaches (e.g. Agile, PMP), and/or experience working with lean startup teams and adaptability required to execute project tasks (e.g. customer interviews, MVP build, responding to feedback)
- Competency using Google suite (Slides, Docs, Sheets), and familiarity with other project and operations software tools - i.e. Airtable, Notion, Asana, Hubspot, Squarespace
- Strong attention to detail, with proven track record working on projects with multiple stakeholders including scheduling, project plan build out and execution
- Ability to work independently, efficiently and effectively remotely, and competency in using systems for personal task and project management
Roles and responsibilities:
- Support the execution and delivery of sustainability project work as required (see our company deck for background and previous case studies)
- Summarize and synthesize project and research findings to present back to the OPF team and customer in a clear and understandable way
- Develop insights and recommendations via conducting stakeholder and expert interviews, and company and industry research to support the development of customer deliverables and internal briefings
- Develop case studies for our project engagements, and complementary article and content posts for marketing purposes
- Support the development and productization of our sustainability services, climate technology, and climate finance service offerings, and associated knowledge sharing
- Support business development efforts with potential and existing customers, including proposal research and development
- Contribute to the improvement of operational processes and systems for our internal knowledge management, expert recruiting and project execution
Full time, working in-person and/or remotely in New York
Full-time salary, moving bonus, benefits, and annual bonus available
Equity will be offered to competitive candidates
Computer and good internet access.
Benefits at OnePointFive
- Unlimited vacation
- 6 sick days
- Employer contribution towards healthcare (including vision & dental)
- Flexible work environment (remote work), but with in-person working day as planned
- Learning and development will be an integral part of the development process at OPF and funds can be allocated by request to various learning programs and certificates that align with career and company goals.
Please keep reading...
Research shows that while men apply to jobs when they meet an average of 60% of the criteria, women and other marginalized folx tend to only apply when they check every box. So if you think you have what it takes, but don't necessarily meet every single point on the job description, please still get in touch. We'd love to have a chat and see if you could be a great fit.
Carbon Accounting & Offsetting, Climate Risk, Consumer Goods, Food & Agriculture, Funding, Advocacy or Policy, Research & Education