Resonant Link accelerates electrification by Powering Fleets While They Work, integrating our fast wireless chargers into the stops that already exist during fleet operation (think pick stations for robots or loading docks for forklifts). Our world-class team has quadrupled in less than a year to power mission-critical applications for multiple Fortune 500 companies and government agencies.
As a Senior Power Electronics Engineer at Resonant Link, you will own the world’s most advanced power electronics designs from concept to production. Developed in close partnership with our customers, Resonant Link’s wireless chargers perform near the boundaries of physics, with 5x faster charging at 10x lower $/W than our competitors. You’ll work closely with our CTO, Electrical Engineering team (with 7 PhDs and experience at Tesla & Apple), and product leaders to deliver world-class wireless chargers to our partners.
On an average day, you’ll...
- Conceptualize never-before-built multi-MHz, multi-kW wireless chargers for the world’s most demanding applications and critical customers.
- Simulate, analyze, and mockup the ac-dc, dc-dc, and dc-rf power electronics that form the wireless link, and consider the ideal system architectures to deliver on hard-to-reach product specifications that our customers demand.
- Interface with our world-leading Power Magnetics and Mechanical teams to design your power electronics into complete wireless links, with tight collaboration and iteration among our entire Engineering organization.
- Design, prototype, test, and iterate in our laboratory to validate these wireless chargers.
- Align with our Product, Manufacturing, and Sales teams to move the product concepts and prototypes to high-volume production and delivery to our customers.
- Interface directly with industry-leading customers, and own technical presentations, customer milestones, and more to better understand their needs.
- Learn from world-class experts inside and outside the organization, with technical leaders, customers, and partners engaged and accessible every week at Resonant Link.
The team you will be joining:
- Our Engineering team includes Electrical, Mechanical, Embedded, and Magnetics engineers with PhDs from Berkeley, Dartmouth, ETH Zurich, Michigan, and Stanford and experience at Tesla, Apple, iRobot, and Harvard Medical School. We are critically reliant on our team members’ ownership, creativity, technical rigor, and collaboration to deliver on our first-of-their-kind power electronics.
- 5 or more years demonstrated experience designing, studying, and/or commercializing high-reliability power electronics in demanding applications like automotive & medical.
- Hands-on experience simulating, prototyping, validating, and debugging power electronic circuits, preferably some at wide-bandgap switching frequencies (>100 kHz).
- You speak in scaling laws! You demonstrate a fundamental understanding of power electronic circuits, passives, and packaging (including thermals).
Who we’re looking for:
- You have a deep understanding of the complete process for delivering electronics to enterprise customers, from concept through production and support.
- You have a passion for technical challenges at the boundary between scientific innovation and productization, and enjoy working with your team to push these bounds.
- You are driven - you love owning your goals - and you’re empathetic, respectful, and honest.
- You are open to working on-site or visiting our high-power lab in Burlington, VT (about once per quarter).
- Competitive salary and generous stock options
- Paid holidays (including a week off at new year) and an unlimited vacation policy
- The flexibility to work anywhere and a home office stipend
- Affordable health, dental, and vision options
- Generous paid parental and family leave
- Learning/career development investment in your professional and personal growth including hiring outside mentors, professional development courses, and more
- Company outings & team retreats (post-pandemic!)
Who we are:
At Resonant Link, we’re building best-in-class wireless chargers to accelerate electrification in multiple multi-billion-dollar markets like robotics, material handling, and electric vehicles. Our wireless chargers are unmatched in speed, price, weight, and size, unlocking electrification by recharging vehicles during the short stops that already exist during operation to extend range and shrink on-board batteries. Since our founding, we’ve landed leading customers in every sector (including 4 Fortune 500 companies) to power their mission-critical applications.
Our growing team is a mix of Ph.D. engineers, industry veterans from Tesla, Apple, Motiv, and Dynapower, and ex-founders and early-stage leaders, all coming together to rethink the charging paradigm. Resonant Link is based in Vermont and California and our investors & partners include the National Science Foundation, the Department of Defense, Cyclotron Road / Activate, Stanford, Dartmouth, Urban Us, Scout Ventures and others.
To learn more about our values, mission, and team, visit https://www.resonant-link.com/.
Resonant Link is an equal opportunity employer and includes “Together is Better” as a core value. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.