Aspiration is the first VC-backed neobank on a mission to be the leading consumer financial services brand and company focused on sustainability and the environment. At Aspiration, we created the category of sustainable, socially responsible retail consumer finance. We offer unique financial products to let people save, spend, and invest their money in ways that make them more financially secure and align with their personal values. Unlike other financial institutions, Aspiration is committed to building a relationship with our customers based on trust and aligning the customer’s success with our own. Aspiration has raised over $200M in funding to date, and is growing quickly.
The Information Security Engineer I is responsible for assisting with the implementation and maintenance of the corporate information security program to ensure the confidentiality, integrity, and availability of Aspiration data assets. The program includes: enforce policies, standards, guidelines, and controls to manage and prevent risk to Aspiration. The incumbent is responsible for reviewing and maintaining the configuration of security system and tools, reviewing reports and log output from security systems to ensure normal operations and detection of anomalous behavior; performing application and process security reviews as needed, and defining user access and segregation controls for new processes and applications.
What You'll Do
- Administer and maintain security systems and tools, including software updates, configuration and control reviews.
- Review output from security systems and tools (reports and log data) to ensure normal operations and detection of anomalous behavior
- Work with vendors and third parties to understand their processes, technology and/or applications to appropriate security controls are in place to protect Aspiration and its data
- Conduct security reviews against new processes, technology, and applications
- Safeguard sensitive information by working with business units and vendors/third parties to determine and enforce appropriate access levels
- Identify regulatory and legal requirements that may affect data and application security policy, standards, and procedures. Monitor changes in the security industry including new vulnerabilities, viruses, intrusions, fraud scams, and best practices and tools available for system/network protection. Train users and promote security awareness to ensure system security.
- Exercise appropriate levels of discretion and confidentiality when addressing security-related incidents.
- Assist in internal and external audit requests. Ensures Aspiration data is securely protected from internal and external, intentional and unintentional access, alteration and deletion.
What You'll Bring
- Bachelor's degree in computer science, information security, engineering, or related technology field.
- Minimum 2 years of relevant experience in Information Security.
- Previous fintech, banking, credit union, investment firm, or mortgage industry knowledge a plus, but not required.
- Relevant security or auditing certifications such as: Security+, GSEC, CISA, or CRISC or completion of relevant coursework in information security working toward a certification.
- Knowledge and understanding of a “cloud-first” architecture and a hybrid or on-premise architectures. Pros and cons.
- Knowledge of regulations and policies pertaining to information security.
- Strong analytical skills to analyze and solve problems.
- Good communication skills both written and orally.
- Must be organized and be able to communicate effectively with a wide variety of users indifferent locations.
- Ability to interact with staff, members and others encountered in the course of work.
- Ability to learn and apply new information or skills.
- Ability to observe and interpret people and situations.
- Understanding of the following technologies and concepts: wireless networking, single sign-on and SAML
What You'll Get
- Making an impact for a company with a mission of transforming the financial industry and the lives of millions
- Competitive salary and equity incentives
- Robust healthcare plans, 401K and unlimited vacation time
- Bright and collaborative office in beautiful Downtown Portland
- Diverse & inclusive culture