Voltus is hiring an analytics whiz to partner with our sales leadership team to drive the productivity and performance of our growing sales organization. The Sr. Sales Analyst has the know-how to splice and dice data as an individual contributor and the interpretive and communications skills to deliver actionable insights to our sales leaders on a weekly, monthly and quarterly basis. The Sr. Sales Analyst is the headlights on our sales train, pointing the sales organization in the direction it needs to go to reach company goals. We are looking for someone who can do more than just report on metrics, but can proactively partner with sales leadership to tell stories and recommend actions based on the data. This is a highly visible role at Voltus. This role reports directly to our Director of Sales Operations. This is a fully remote position that offers a high degree of autonomy.
- Weekly+ reporting to sales leadership focused on individual and market level performance
- Delivering monthly and quarterly business reviews to sales and company leadership
- Identifying trends in past performance; forecasting future sales organization performance
- Identifying gaps in sales performance to inform sales training
- Deliver forward-looking insights that align with the rapidly evolving business model
- Interface with Sales Productivity Managers to share best practices and support complex reports or analytics related to a particular Sales Productivity Manager
- Maniacally focused on proactively identifying gaps or opportunities for sales efficiency. This will be accomplished by observing sales successes and shortfalls, analyzing sales metrics, conferring with sales leaders, and acting on feedback from team members.
- Interface cross-functionally with other reporting and analytics departments to ensure unity in measuring metrics
- Ensure quality, consistency, and accuracy of reporting metrics
- Primary owner of internal sales metrics. This includes weekly sales reports, sales dashboards, and any recurring or ad-hoc reporting done across sales groups.
- Owner of monthly and quarterly business reviews with sales and company leadership to drive sales strategy. Creates, conducts, and coordinates the business reviews.
- Project manager of annual sales plan. The sales planning and goal-setting process requires a lot of cross-functional coordination and high attention to detail. This is done twice a year. This includes the setting of individual sales goals during the sales planning process, as well as ad-hoc goals when an individual is on-boarded.
- Creation of Commission Statements for sales reps
- Point person for Finance to coordinate with regarding commissions calculations
- Determines best practices and reporting or analytics gaps, and iterates on our analytics content
- Improves analytics effectiveness by developing and implementing new approaches and techniques
- Becomes a subject matter expert on our sales process and approach, and industry in order to make recommendations with authority
- Work effectively independently and as a critical member of our team
Skills and Qualifications
- Maniacally self-initiated; extreme attention to detail
- Analytical and process-oriented mindset
- Excellent communication and presentation skills
- Salesforce superuser; well-versed in Tableau or equivalent data visualization software; Excel wizard
- Skilled in the storytelling component of Analytics
- Strong presentation skills
- First hand experience in B2B Sales preferred
- Strongly aligned with Voltus values and mission
- Proven time management skills
- Ability to adapt to changing environments and situations
- Relevant Bachelor’s degree; preference for STEM degrees; MBA preferred
- Bonus: First hand experience in B2B sales
Building Automation Systems, Building Retrofitting, Distributed Energy Storage, Grid Flexibility, Net Zero Buildings, Smart Thermostats, Utility-Scale Energy Storage, Utility-Scale Solar Photovoltaics