Form Energy is a team of passionate people tackling the challenge of climate change through transformationally low cost energy storage. Our team members are active learners who enjoy working on tough technology problems in massive markets and embody our values of humanity, excellence and creativity. The company is backed by a diverse set of committed investors and we have raised over $360M to date.Role Description
We are looking for an intern or co-op with hands-on lab experience to help us diagnose failure & degradation modes of our full-scale batteries. In this internship you will work closely with team members to root cause issues found in full-scale battery teardowns and analyze and interpret electrochemical data. Knowledge of materials characterization and adherence to good safety practices is highly recommended.
What You'll Do:
- Collect material samples and conduct appropriate characterizations/coordinate characterization at external labs, communicating these results to the broader team
- Develop procedures & write/update SOPs for full-scale battery teardowns
- Specify, execute, and interpret experiments to quantify electrochemical performance
- Analyze electrochemical data produced from full-scale batteries
- Propose tests to target improvements in the full scale battery platform
- Champion for safety as we develop new battery teardown procedures and processes
What You'll Bring:
- Strong communication skills
- Graduate level or undergraduate in Chemical Engineering, Materials Science, or related field
- Enjoys a fast-paced work environment
- Willingness to work in the lab ~75% of the time
- Experience with Python preferred but not required
Form Energy is committed to equitable compensation and we offer a generous benefits package to make sure you have the support you need. We cover 100% of employee premiums and 80% of dependent premiums for medical, dental, and vision insurance for full time employees. We offer a flexible Paid Time Off program and every employee, regardless of gender identity or expression, is eligible for 12 weeks of paid parental bonding leave. We offer a 401k and all employees are granted stock options. A full listing of our benefits is available on our careers page. At Form Energy, we are working toward a 100% renewable energy future for everyone in the world. We are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all our employees and are seeking to build a team that reflects the diversity of the people we hope to serve with our revolutionary products. Form Energy is proud to be an equal opportunity employer.