AMP Robotics is a pioneer and industry leader in artificial intelligence (AI), robotics, and infrastructure for the waste and recycling industry. We’re working to reimagine and actively modernize recycling by applying AI and automation to increase recycling rates and economically recover recyclables reclaimed as raw materials for the global supply chain. We build and deploy cutting-edge technology solutions that solve many of the central challenges of recycling to make it more efficient, cost-effective, scalable, and sustainable.
Headquartered in Louisville, Colorado, the Denver Post named AMP one of the 2021 Top Workplaces in Colorado. We’re fostering an environment where talented, driven individuals can grow and create impact. We seek unconventional thinkers to join our mission to enable a world without waste; at AMP, your contributions have meaning and can spur change. With backing from top-tier investors and national recognition including Fortune’s Impact 20, Fast Company’s Most Innovative Companies, and Forbes’ most promising AI companies, we’re always seeking ways to better our operations, raising the bar on innovation, and looking to collaborate and improve each day in what we do. Learn more at AMPRobotics.com.
AMP Robotics is hiring a Senior Manager of Installation to focus on building and leading the Asset Deployment team. Your primary responsibility will be to plan, coordinate with Project Managers, manage techs and contractors to successfully oversee the installations of all AMP product lines.
As our Senior Manager of Installation, you will work to:
- Schedule and plan resources to complete installations. Including working with 3rd party contractors and helping purchasing & project managers vet contractors.
- Identify areas of improvement in the design and installation of the robot, and collaborate with the engineering team to implement design and procedure changes.
- Learn to calibrate, operate, and troubleshoot AMP Robotics products.
- Train and mentor new members of the Asset Deployment Team.
- Close the engineering feedback loop by systematically reporting unique installation performance metrics and observations.
- Guide the transition process from installation to service through seamless technical communication to internal teams.
- You will be responsible for managing and building the asset deployment team.
The successful candidate will have:
- Manager or leadership experience.
- A strong technical hardware or field engineer/technician background with practical experience.
- Proficient with common field tools (tap/die, impact drills, grinders, multi-meter, wrenches, etc.).
- Knowledge and ability to use telehandlers, scissor lifts, rigging and other industrial equipment.
- Familiarity with mechanical drawings.
- Imaginative and open mind for problem solving.
- Personable demeanor for interacting with clients.
- Ability to work equally well in a team or solo environment.
- A desire to learn something new everyday, then teach a teammate.
- Extremely resourceful - known as a person who “finds a way to get it done.”
- 10+ years of relevant professional experience
- Experience in one or more of the following:
- Experience with electrical wiring, manufacturing techniques, and on-site assembly and installation of mechanical systems.
- Process or documentation creation examples (Gantt charts, P&IDs, process flows, etc.).
- Demonstrated leadership experience (military, field-team lead, small project coordinator).
- Technical training or personal experience with welding, metal work, or other fabrication related skill sets.
- Previous history of completion/documentation of Functional Acceptance Testing (FAT) for system integration projects.
- Proficiency with CAD systems, creating and interpreting technical drawings.
- Experience with industrial controls (valves, sensors, actuators, control systems).
- Experience rigging and lifting heavy equipment
- A portfolio of past work and ability to show and explain projects.
- Excitement about robotics, artificial intelligence, and recycling. This is cutting edge development in the world of industrial robotics so you should enjoy being experimental, be ready to rapidly iterate, and have the know-how to install/maintain reliable and repeatable systems.
- Competency with standard office computer applications.
- High school diploma or equivalent required, Bachelor’s degree preferred.
- 8 years of professional experience working in the field or equivalent.
Working Conditions/Physical Demands:
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to stand, walk, use hands and fingers, handle or feel, reach with hands and arms, climb or balance, stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl and talk and hear. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 45 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus, and ability to accurately see and label color. (remove if not a requirement).
- Demonstrated ability to work long hours in difficult situations (heat, dust, small spaces, tight deadlines, etc.).
- 2770 Industrial Lane, Broomfield, CO.
- Travel frequently (up to 30%) to manage installs or systems at sites.
- Please note: This role requires travel, and AMP requires employees who travel to be fully-vaccinated against COVID-19. AMP is an equal opportunity employer and, consistent with applicable law, will consider requests for reasonable accommodations based on disability or sincerely-held religious beliefs, or as required by state or local law, where it is able to do so without undue hardship to the Company.
AMP provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.
This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities, and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
Salary & Compensation Information: $110,000-$135,000 depending on experience.
- Medical - The company covers up 85% to 100% of the premium for Cigna healthcare plans depending on the selection. Employees pay the difference in premium if they select a more expensive plan. Up to 75% for dependents.
- Dental, Vision, Short and Long Term Disability.
- 401(k) retirement plan (non-matching).
- 14 days PTO and 6 paid sick days.
- Nine (9) paid holidays – 7 company designated and 2 floating holidays.