At Beyond Meat, we started with simple questions. Why do you need an animal to create meat? Why can’t you build meat directly from plants? Thus, we make plant-based meats that allow families to eat more, not less, of the traditional dishes they love while feeling great about the health, sustainability, and animal welfare benefits of plant protein. Our goal is to bring exciting change to the plate—and Beyond.
The Art Director will act as a guardian of the brands assets while maintaining consistent brand visuals and elevate creative executions by working with cross functional teams.The primary responsibilities of this position will include but are not limited to in-house asset development and maintenance (online and offline), package design projects, graphic design, social and digital design, agency liaison, project management, and elevation of all creative executions to bring the brand’s voice to life.
We are looking for an experienced Art Director who has a strong background in digital design, print, packaging, and branding. You are a creative communicator capable of transforming our brand story and brand guidelines in visual designs that are compelling, exciting, and easy to understand. You also take the lead in packaging projects securing the communication on pack with added value to our business and markets, captivating sustainability opportunities.
The Art Director has affinity with this new world of food, is proficient in the latest versions of Adobe Creative Suite as well as presentation design and layout, has strong project management skills and works closely with other team members and external creative agencies.
- Apply conceptual thinking and creativity to complex design problems from ideation to production of assets: POS, promotional materials, flyer, brochures, and online assets (infographic, social media, online ads web banner), and making sure that the assets are according to the brand guidelines and can be published properly (DTP)
- Create and maintain a fresh library of brand assets to share across Marketing, PR, and Sales teams.
- You act as the “editor in chief” for the in-house and outsourced branded content production
- Execute photoshoots with agencies for marketing campaigns/ initiatives.
- Lead packaging design implementation in collaboration with design agency (End to end packaging design from concept creation to technical translation)
- Deliver packaging solutions/ on pack communication that add value to our business and markets, increase our sustainability and comply with food safety regulations
- Understand sensitive timelines and deliverables
- Be in close contact with the marketing team in US to leverage and locally implement the defined visual identity and brand learnings
- Work cross-functionally with marketing colleagues and external agencies or partners
- 3-4 years relevant working experience as an Art Director/ packaging development for an in-house brand/ agency preferably in the FMCG industry/ food business
- Bachelor or master’s degree in Business, Marketing, or Communications preferred
- Knowledge of Adobe Creative Suite (Photoshop, InDesign, and Illustrator)
- Knowledge of video edit is a plus
- Experience retouching product and lifestyle photos for online & print
- Experience in developing and executing integrated communication plans and developing on-point content. Confident across: Concept development and ideation, design and illustration and execution, creating final (print/online) artwork/ asset
Beyond Meat is an equal employment opportunity employer. Candidates are considered for employment without regard to race, creed, color, national origin, age, sex, religion, ancestry, veteran status, marital status, gender identify, sexual orientation, national origin, liability for military service, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local law. If you are interested in learning the status of your application, please note you will be contacted directly by the appropriate human resources contact person if you are selected for further consideration. Beyond Meat reserves the right to defer or close a vacancy at any time.Please note that Beyond Meat has adopted a COVID-19 vaccination policy to safeguard the health and well-being of our employees. All U.S. employees who (a) physically enter a Beyond Meat facility in the United States, (b) represent Beyond Meat at work-related events, including but not limited to trade shows and product demonstrations, or (c) physically enter customer or potential customer sites in connection with their work for Beyond Meat must take all necessary steps to be Fully Vaccinated as a condition of employment, unless a reasonable accommodation is approved.
- Excellent written and verbal English communication skills
- Strong organizational and project management skills with extreme attention to detail
- Flexible schedule to accommodate different time zones