Aspiration is in the business of fighting the climate crisis. We help people and businesses build sustainable impact into what they do every day by making it easy, automated, and powerful -- whether it is in the ways people spend and save their money or the ways businesses engage their customers and employees. The estimated cumulative climate impact of the Aspiration community thus far is the equivalent of taking every car in the state of Connecticut off the road for a year. Aspiration is a certified B Corporation and, in fact, has been named to the “Best for the World” list of the top five percent of highest scored certified B Corporations four years in a row. Aspiration has raised over $250M in funding to date and is growing quickly.
The IT Systems Engineer’s role is to bring us to new heights of optimization, efficiency, and productivity to ensure the stability, integrity, and efficient operation of our cloud first information technology systems that support core organizational functions. This is achieved by optimizing existing processes and platforms, and deploying new platforms to insure scalability and efficiency for all parts of the company. Continually maintaining, supporting, and optimizing all IT systems and procedures. The IT Systems Engineer will apply proven communication, analytical, and problem-solving skills to help identify, communicate, and resolve issues in order to maximize the benefit of IT systems investments.Aspiration ValuesAction: We take initiative. We are doers, not bystanders.Boldness: We don’t tinker, we transform.Customer-Centered: Our customers are at the core of our business. Delivering for them is our North Star.Diligence & Dedication: We do what we say we’re going to do, when we say we’re going to do it.Entrepreneurial: Act like an entrepreneur not an employee, generate results for the company and customers everyday.
What You'll Do
- Collaborate with technical and non-technical staff to ensure smooth and reliable operation of software and systems for fulfilling business objectives and processes.
- Work with executive team members, decision makers, and stakeholders to define business requirements and systems goals, and to identify and resolve business systems issues.
- Research and deploy new SaaS platforms to meet business objectives, and provide continued optimization of existing Atlassian, JAMF, Google, Zendesk, and Okta applications.
- Perform cost-benefit and return on investment analyses for proposed systems to aid management in making implementation decisions.
- Conduct research on software and systems products to justify recommendations and to support purchasing efforts.
- Interact and negotiate with vendors, outsourcers, and contractors to secure system-related products and services.
- Gauge the effectiveness and efficiency of existing systems; develop and implement strategies for improving or further leveraging these systems.
- Design and perform security audits, system backup procedures, and other recovery processes in accordance with the company’s disaster recovery and business continuity strategies.
- Ensure system connectivity of all SaaS platforms, shared software, and other applications.
- Create and maintain documentation as it relates to system configuration, procedures, processes, and service records.
- Ensure compatibility and interoperability of in-house computing systems.
- Monitor and test system performance; prepare and deliver system performance statistics and reports.
- Provide orientation and training to end users for all modified and new systems implementations
- Continued optimization and automation of employee onboarding process and hardware deployment for a non-centralized, mixed work-from-home work force.
- Serve as an escalation point and help resolve trouble tickets from the IT Support Team
What You'll Bring
- Bachelor’s degree and 4 years of System Engineering experience, or 8 years related experience.
- Proven experience in overseeing the design, and implementation of software systems, applications, and related products.
- Proven experience with systems planning, security principles, and general software management best practices.
- Extensive experience with JAMF, and Okta applications.
- Excellent understanding of the organization’s goals and objectives.
- Good project management skills.
- Excellent written, oral, and interpersonal communication skills.
- Ability to conduct research into systems issues and products as required.
- Ability to communicate ideas in both technical and user-friendly language.
- Highly self-motivated and directed, with exceptional attention to detail.
- Proven analytical and creative problem-solving abilities.
- Able to prioritize and execute tasks in a high-pressure environment.
- Strong customer service orientation.
- Extensive experience operating in a 100% Mac environment
- Ability to work in a team-oriented, collaborative environment.
What You'll Get
- Making an impact for a company with a mission of transforming the financial industry and the lives of millions
- People - the best part of Aspiration
- Competitive salary and equity incentives
- Robust healthcare plans, 401K and unlimited vacation time
- Dog-friendly office in beautiful Marina del Rey with an in-office gym
- Diverse & inclusive culture