About Pivot Bio:
Fueled by an innovative drive and a deep understanding of the soil microbiome, Pivot Bio is pioneering game-changing advances in agriculture. Our first commercial product harnesses the power of naturally-occurring microbes to provide nutrients to crops. We are dedicated to providing new sustainable ways for farmers to improve yield as they work to help feed the world’s growing population. Read/Hear more about Pivot Bio on Forbes or PBS News Hour.
Position: Agronomic Data Engineer, Remote
Pivot Bio is rapidly expanding its field trial network and growing its customer base, producing new sources of data for analysis. This data needs to be curated and its integrity assured in coordination with our customer-facing agronomy team. The Agronomic Data Engineer will work with both the data team, farmers, and the agronomy team to create and manage the process of data ingestion and schema development for this class of data. They will help coordinate the data collection efforts of the agronomy team, so that fast and insightful analyses can be provided to them.
- Curate and ensure the integrity of data collected from Pivot’s field trial locations and customers, including the management of Pivot’s field and customer data
- Query, Collate, and create ad-hoc reports in a rapid response environment
- Help make data visually accessible to non-technical stakeholders through the creation of front-end tools and visualization dashboards
- Build relationships with Pivot Bio agronomy team to facilitate quality data acquisition practices where needed
- Help develop tools and processes to decrease friction and increase integrity and accuracy in data collection for the agronomy team
- Facilitate understanding between the software team, agronomy, and data scientists for each other’s needs
- Calmly wrangle data from team members and partners during the hectic growing season
- Travel up to 20% of the time for visits to field trial sites, customer sites
Qualifications and Experience:
- B.S. in STEM, with preference to an agronomy-related degree with 2+ years of relevant experience in data stewardship and research or production agriculture
- Python and GIS experience. Additional R experience is a plus.
- SQL experience
- Strong attention to detail and orientation to process
- Great communication skills
Technologies you will be interacting with:
- Tableau, Spotfire (or similar data visualization tools) generating visualizations and dashboards
- ARM (Agriculture Research Management), FieldPro, or other agronomy software
- Precision agriculture software platforms
- Must be able to work in adverse weather conditions, i.e., heat, humidity, rain, cold, etc. for extended periods of time.
- Must be able to walk on uneven surfaces.
- Must be able to drive or ride in a vehicle for long periods of time.
- Seasonally the workday may be expanded to allow for tasks to be completed.
*Must be authorized to work in the United States
What we offer:
- Competitive package in a disruptive startup
- Stock options
- Health/Dental/Vision insurance with employer-paid premiums
- Life, Short-Term and Long-Term Disability policies
- Employee Assistance Program with free referrals and discounts
- 401(k) plan, 3% Match
- Commuter benefits
- Annual Training & Development support
- Flexible vacation policy with a generous holiday schedule
- Exciting opportunity to work with a talented and fun team